Banking & Financial Awareness
Shri Mukhmeet S. Bhatia takes over the charge of Director General of ESIC
Shri Mukhmeet S. Bhatia takes over the charge of Director General of ESIC.
The objective of the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) is to manage Employees’ State Insurance (ESI) funds according to rules and regulations stipulated in the ESI Act 1948.
The Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) can set up hospitals either independently or in collaboration with state government or other private entities, but most of the dispensaries and hospitals are run by concerned state governments.
Punjab appoints Sonu Sood as state’s covid vaccination ambassador
Bollywood actor Sonu Sood has been made the brand ambassador for Punjab’s anti-coronavirus vaccination program.
During the coronavirus-induced lockdown last year, the actor had helped migrants reach their home states.
- Punjab CM: Captain Amarinder Singh.
- Punjab Governor: V.P.Singh Badnore.
Siddharth Singh Longjam to replace Navin Agarwal as NADA DG
IAS officer Siddharth Singh Longjam will take over as the National Anti-Doping Agency’s Director-General, succeeding Navin Agarwal who listed the creation of Athletes Biological Passport (ABP) for around 60 elite Indian sportspersons as one of the highlights of his tenure.
Longjam is currently serving as joint secretary in the sports ministry and is also the CEO of the currently suspended National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL).
- NADA Headquarters location: New Delhi;
- NADA Founded: 24 November 2005.
Shri Sushil Chandra takes over as the 24th CEC of India.
Shri Sushil Chandra assumed charge as the 24th Chief Election Commissioner of India, succeeding Shri Sunil Arora.
Shri Chandra has been serving in the Commission as Election Commissioner since 15 February 2019.
- The Election Commission of India is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering Union and State election processes in India.
- The body administers elections to the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, and State Legislative Assemblies in India, and the offices of the President and Vice President in the country
- Article 324 to 329 of the constitution deals with powers, function, tenure, eligibility, etc of the commission and the member.
RBI approves re-appointment of Murali Natarajan as DCB Bank MD and CEO
Reserve Bank of India has approved the re-appointment of Murali M. Natrajan as Managing Director & CEO of Private sector lender, DCB Bank.
He has received RBI approval for a further period of one year from April 29, 2021.
He was appointed as MD and CEO of DCB Bank in May 2009.
Prior to joining DCB, Natrajan has worked with foreign banks Standard Chartered & Citibank
- DCB Bank Headquarters: Maharashtra.
- DCB Bank Founded: 1930.
Mallika Srinivasan 1st Pvt sector specialist to be appointed as chief of PESB
Mallika Srinivasan, Chairman and Managing Director of Tractors and Farm Equipment (TAFE) Limited has been appointed as the chairperson of the Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB), an order issued by the personnel ministry.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Srinivasan as the chairperson of PESB for a period of three years.
- Minister of Personnel, Public Grievances, and Pensions: Narendra Modi.
- Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions: Jitendra Singh.
BCCI’s ACU chief Khandwawala ‘ready for the new role’ ahead of IPL 2021
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has appointed Shabir Hussein Shekhadam Khandwawala as the new head of the Anti-Corruption Unit, ahead of the Indian Premier League. A former DGP of Gujarat, the 70-year-old Khandwawala has taken over from Ajit Singh – whose term got over on March 31.
- Secretary of BCCI: Jay Shah.
- President of BCCI: Sourav Ganguly.
- Headquarters of BCCI: Mumbai, Maharashtra; Founded: December 1928.
Govt appoints S Ramann as SIDBI chairman & managing director
The government has appointed S Ramann as Chairman and Managing Director of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
The appointment is for a period of three years from the date of his assuming the charge or until further orders, a government statement said.
- SIDBI set up on 2nd April 1990;
- SIDBI Headquarters: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.