Banking & Financial Awareness
PM congratulates Rajinikanth for Dadasaheb Phalke Award
The Dadasaheb Phalke Award is India’s highest award in the field of cinema.
It is presented annually at the National Film Awards ceremony by the Directorate of Film Festivals, an organization under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
As of 2021, there have been 51 awardees. Rajnikanth is the latest recipient of the award.
- The award comprises a Swarna Kamal (Golden Lotus) medallion, a shawl, and a cash prize of ₹1,000,000.
- It was presented for the first time in 1969.
Dutee Chand to receive Chhattisgarh Veerni Award
Dutee Chand, the Jakarta Asian Games silver-medalist in 100 and 200 meters, will receive Chhattisgarh Veerni Award.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the inaugural edition of the awards ceremony will be held virtually on April 14.
The award, instituted by the Chhattisgarh state government, recognizes the contribution of Indian women in different fields, including sports. In 2019, the Odisha sprinter became the first Indian woman to win a gold medal at the World University Games held in Italy.
Kane Williamson awarded Sir Richard Hadlee Medal
New Zealand men’s captain Kane Williamson was awarded the Sir Richard Hadlee Medal for the fourth time in six years, while Amelia Kerr and Devon Conway claimed double honors at the New Zealand Cricket Awards for the 2020-21 season.
Williamson’s incredible home Test summer helped him claim the supreme award, along with the International Test Player of the Year and the Redpath Cup for first-class batting, after he amassed a whopping 639 runs in just four innings at an average of 159.
Marathi film Puglya wins Best Foreign Feature at Moscow Film Fest
Marathi film ‘Puglya’ has bagged the Best Foreign Language Feature award at Moscow International Film Festival 2021.
The film revolves around a pug and two boys, who are around 10 years old. Speaking about the award, director Vinod Sam Peter said, “Winning at Moscow International Film Festival is a great deal of pride for me and the team.”
Wisden Award 2021 announced
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the first One-Day International, five ODI cricketers of the decade have been listed in Wisden Almanack’s 2021 edition.
One cricketer has been selected from each decade between 1971 and 2021.
- Wisden Almanack’s ODI player of the 2010s-Virat Kohli
- ODI Cricketer of the 1990s-Sachin Tendulkar
- ODI Cricketer for the 1980s-Kapil Dev
- Leading Cricketer of the Year-Ben Stokes(England)
- Leading Women’s Cricketer in the World- Beth Mooney(Australia)
- Leading T20 Cricketer in the World-Kieron Pollard(West Indies)
- Wisden Cricketers of the Year 2021- Jason Holder, Mohammed Rizwan, Dom Sibley, Zak Crawley, and Darren Stevens