Polity & Governance
Days & Dates
Reports & Indices
FSG appoints Justice A.K. Sikri as ombudsman
- The Indian Federation of Sports Gaming (IFSG), country’s self-regulatory industry body for the online fantasy sports gaming sector, announced the appointment of Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri as its ombudsman and ethics officer.
- Justice A.K. Sikri will be responsible for investigating queries/complaints raised by the users of the online fantasy sports gaming platforms.
India Elected President of Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development
- AIBD India has been elected as the President of the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) for a period of two years. India got elected against Iran during voting which took place at the 44th annual gathering of AIBD in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) was established in 1977 under the auspices of UNESCO.
Alejandro Giammattei elected as Guatemala’s new president
- Alejandro Giammattei elected as Guatemala’s new president, defeated former first lady Sandra Torres.
P.T. Usha appointed as a member of AAA’s Athletes Commission
- Legendary Indian sprinter T. Usha ,one of India’s greatest athletes, has been appointed as one of the sixth member of the Asian Athletics Association’s (AAA) Athletes Commission, to be headed by 1992 Olympics gold medallist hammer thrower Andrey Abduvaliyev of Uzbekistan.
- This is the 2nd time P.T. Usha has been appointed as a member of the Asian Athletics Association’s Athletes Commission.
Imran Khan becomes the 22nd Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan took oath as Pakistan’s new prime minister.
- Khan, the chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), secured 176 votes, while the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz chief Sharif got 96 votes.
Infosys CFO MD Ranganath Resigns
- Infosys CFO MD Ranganath has resigned as he decided to step down to pursue professional aspirations.
Ajay Kumar appointed as Defence Secretary
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved the appointment of senior IAS officer Ajay Kumar as the new Defence Secretary.
- Ajay Kumar is currently serving as Secretary in Department of Defence Production. He will replace Sanjay Mitra, upon completion of his term.
Rajiv Gauba appointed as Cabinet Secretary
- The Modi government appointed outgoing Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba as Cabinet Secretary for two years. His tenure will be effective from August 30, 2019, as per the official order.
- Mr. Gauba will replace P.K. Sinha.