Polity & Governance
Days & Dates
Reports & Indices
Gujarat CM launches ‘Vhali Dikri Yojna’
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has launched the ‘Vhali Dikri Yojna’ for the welfare of girl child.
- According to scheme, the State Government will pay 4,000 to every girl child at the time of admission to Standard 4th, Rs. 6,000 at the time of taking admission to Standard IX, Rs. 1-lakh at the time of taking admission for higher education at the age of 18 and another Rs. 1-lakh at the time of marriage.
- It is a state wide cash incentive scheme for every girl child born in Gujarat.
- CM of Gujarat- Vijay Rupani
- Governor- Acharya Dev
Andhra Pradesh govt will launch Navodayam scheme
- The Andhra Pradesh government led by Chief Minister YS Jagamohan Reddy is set to launch outreach programme ‘Navodayam’ for thousands of ailing Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the state, with a one-time restructuring of loans that will provide the required lifeline for small industrial units.
- About 86,000 MSMEs in the state have been identified for restructuring under Navodayam with an outlay of Rs 3,900 crore.
- “Navodayam will provide a lifeline to stressed MSMEs by ensuring that all eligible units are permitted for one-time restructuring of accounts up to March 31, 2020.
- CM of Andhra Pradesh:YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
- Governorof Andhra Pradesh: Biswabhusan Harichandan.
Union HRD Minister to launch ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ drive
- Union HRD Minister will launch ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ to create awareness about Water Conservation among all school students in the country.
- By which they can become competent, conscientious and committed water citizens of our nation. The department has prepared a detailed outline to implement this programme in all the schools in the country.
- To educate students learn about conservation of water
- To sensitize Students about the impact of scarcity of water
- To empower Students to learn to protect the natural sources of water
- To help every Student to save at least one litre of water per day
- To encourage Students towards judicious use and minimum wastage of water at home and school level
One Student – One Day – Save One Litre Water
One Student – One Year – Save 365 Litres Water
One Student – 10 Years – Save 3650 Litres Water
NITI Aayog to launch the 4th Edition of WTI Awards
- The NITI Aayog will launch the 4th Edition of Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards. The WTI Awards is being organized in collaboration with the United Nations to recognize women entrepreneurs from across India.
- This year’s theme is ‘Women and Entrepreneurship’, in continuation of the theme for WTI Awards 2018. WhatsApp has collaborated with NITI Aayog for WTI Awards 2019 and will be providing support amounting to US$100,000 to the award winners.
- The Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP)is a Government of India initiative by NITI Aayog to promote and support aspiring as well as established women entrepreneurs in India, assist and handhold them in their journey from starting to scaling up and expanding their ventures.
- CEO NITI Aayog: Amitabh Kant
- Vice Chairman: Rajiv Kumar.
KVIC launches “Leather Mission” on World Tribal Day
- On the Occasion of World Tribal Day on August 9, 2019, Khadi and Village Industry Commission (9KVIC) launched a new programme ‘Leather Mission’ from the tribal dominated village of Chandala.
- Under this mission, the commission will give leather kits to the leather artisans across the nation.
- KVIC also distributed 50 leather kits and 350 bee-boxes in Rajasthan’s Sirohi district on the World Tribal Day.
Vice President launches ‘Mukhya Mantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana’ in Jharkhand
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu launched the Jharkhand government’s scheme for farmers, Mukhyamantri Krishi Ashirvad Yojna.
- The MMKAY scheme is a target set by the government to provide welfare and financial support to farmers in Jharkhand.
- In this scheme, farmers who have total agricultural land up to 0-1 acres will be given equal as financial assistance of 5 thousand.
- Under the first phase of the MMKAY scheme, Rs 5000 will be disbursed to 13.60 lakh farmers for each acre of their land with a maximum amount of Rs 25,000.
- The amount will be directly transferred through Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) to the registered bank accounts on August 10.
- The remaining 22 lakh farmers will also be registered soon and the funds are expected to be transferred by October this year.
- Jharkhand Capital- Ranchi
- CM- Raghubar Das
- Governor- Draupadi Murmu
Manipur CM launches “School Fagadaba” scheme
- Manipur CM N Biren Singh launched a scheme “School Fagadaba” to improve the infrastructure of government schools in the state.
- The objective was to ensure better infrastructure, quality education and overall improvement of government schools to make them model schools.
Governor- Najma Heptullah
Chief minister of Punjab launched “Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana”
- Punjab chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh launched his government’s flagship universal health insurance scheme — Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana — benefiting nearly 46 lakh families.
- Punjab has become the first state in the country to offer medical insurance cover to the maximum number of its people.
- The scheme would entitle beneficiaries to avail annual cashless treatment up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year, including pre-existing diseases.
- Chief Minister of Punjab –Amarinder Singh
- Governor of Punjab – VP Singh Badnore.
Super 50 programme launched in Maharashtra
- Maharashtra’s Tribal Development Department in association with the Pace Educational Trust launched “Super 50”an academic programme for young tribal students aspiring to be doctors and engineers.
- The Super 50 programme will mentor 50 most meritorious tribal students from the State and prepare them for engineering and medical exams.
- It will be a two-year residential programme, where the students will be provided hostel and mess facilities, a tablet, NCERT books and career counselling.
- Maharashtra Governor- C. Vidyasagar Rao
- Maharashtra CM- Devendra Fadnavis
Minority Affairs Ministry to inaugurate “Hunar Haat”
- The ‘Hunar Haat’, where handmade indigenous products of master artisans and craftsmen are made available to the people, will inaugurate by Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Chief Minister of Rajasthan Ashok Gehlot. at Jawahar Kala Kendra in Jaipur from August 24.
- ‘Hunar Haat’ has proved to be an effective programme to provide employment and employment opportunities to master artisans.
- “More than 2.40 lakh master artisans, craftsmen and culinary experts have been provided employment and employment opportunities in the last three years.
Lt. Governor launches ‘QR Code Scheme’ on Himmat Plus app
- Delhi Lt. Governor Anil Baijal launched a “QR Code Scheme” feature for its Himmat Plus safety app.
- The aim of the scheme is to enhance the safety and security of women, travelling in the yellow and black taxis and auto-rickshaws from airports, as well as Railway and Metro stations in the national capital.
CM of Delhi- Arvind Kejriwal
Tamil Nadu govt launches Education TV for school students
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister launched ‘Kalvi Tholaikkatchi’ (Education TV), an exclusive 24*7 channel for school students. This TV channel, aimed at benefiting students of classes I to XII.
- The channel will telecast various programmes, including rhymes, songs and video lessons and coaching classes.
- A team of 25 teachers will run the channel. In the first phase, 32 programmes will be telecast.
- Governor of Tamil Nadu– Banwarilal Purohit.
- Tamil Nadu Capital-
- Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu– Edappadi K. Palaniswami.
Meghalaya launches ‘Walk to Work’ campaign
- The state of Meghalaya launched its ‘Walk to Work’ campaign to emancipate people in staying fit. Chief Minister, Conrad K Sangma launched the Fit India Movement in the State by ‘Walk to Work’.