Polity & Governance
India & World
Defence & Security
Reports & Indices
ICG’s fourth Offshore Patrol Vessel ‘Sarthak’ launched
OPV Sarthak has been designed & built indigenously by M/s Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) in line with the government’s vision of ‘Make in India’.
It has about 70% indigenous content, thus providing the necessary fillip to the Indian shipbuilding industry and a giant leap towards achieving ‘Atmanirbar Bharat’.
Indian Coast Guard launches interceptor boat in Surat
- A newly-built `Interceptor’ boat of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) was launched in Surat
- “Interceptor Boat `ICGS C-454′, built by Larsen and Toubro, was launched into the service of the Coast Guard by Surat district Collector Dhaval Patel’s wife, Dr Hiral Patel,” it said.
- The 27-meter-long boat has a maximum speed of 45 nautical miles or 83 kilometers per hour, and has “excellent seakeeping, maneuverability and endurance range of 500 nautical miles”, the release added.
Director-General of Indian Coast Guard: Krishnaswamy Natarajan.
India Pulls Out Of Russia Military Exercise With China, Pak Over Covid
- India turned down Russia’s invitation to participate in next month’s multilateral defence exercise, which is scheduled to be held in southern Russia between September 15 and 27.
- In the response communicated to Russia, New Delhi cited Covid-19 as the official reason to skip ‘Exercise Kavkaz 2020’. However, The Indian Express has learnt that Chinese presence was an important factor for withdrawing from the event.
Director General of Indian Coast Guard: Krishnaswamy Natarajan.