Polity & Governance
India & World
Defence & Security
Reports & Indices
Union Agriculture Minister launches Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar today launched the Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel, a new initiative by National Cooperative Development Corporation.
- Speaking on the occasion, Mr Tomar said that his Ministry is in the forefront of operationalizing different aspects of Atma Nirbhar Bharat call given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
DNHDD launches E-Gyan Mitra mobile app for online education
- Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu bordering Gujarat has launched E-Gyan Mitra mobile app for online education.
- AIR, Ahmedabad correspondent reports that the E-Gyan Mitra app launched by the Education Department of Daman Administration is becoming popular among the students and parents.
Administrator of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu: Praful Patel.
Paytm launches first pocket Android POS device for contactless payments in India
In the wake of COVID-19 crisis, Paytm has launched the first pocket Android POS device for contactless ordering and payments in India, a move that will make this technology more affordable for SMEs. The company has introduced ‘Paytm All-in-One Portable Android Smart POS’ at an introductory price of Rs 499 per month rental.
APEDA signs MoUs with AFC India Ltd and NCUI, Delhi to utilise their expertise in agri sector
Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is engaged with State governments for the implementation of agri export policy. Several States, including Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Kerala have also finalised the action plan for the implementation of policy.
- Chairman of Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority: Diwakar Nath Misra.
- Managing Director, AFC India Ltd.: B.Ganeshan.
NeGD, CSC e-Governance Services sign MoU to make UMANG app services available via CSCs
The National e-Governance Division (NeGD) signed a pact with CSC e-Governance Services India to facilitate delivery of UMANG app services through Common Service Centres (CSCs) in an assisted mode. With this Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in place, the services on UMANG app will be available to citizens through the network of 3.75 lakh CSCs, an official
VSSUT first to set up Space Innovation-cum-Incubation Centre with ISRO
- The Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology (VSSUT), Burla in Odisha’s Sambalpur district became the first University in the country to set up a Space Innovation-cum-Incubation Centre with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), a statement from the government of Odisha said.
- The virtual signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the centre took place in the presence of the ISRO chairman Dr K Sivan.
- ISRO Chairman: K.Sivan.
- ISRO Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- VSSUT Vice-Chancellor: Atal Chaudhuri.
- VSSUT Headquarters: Sambalpur, Odisha.
NHAI develops Vendor Performance Evaluation System
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has developed a Vendor Performance Evaluation System to establish a transparent and comprehensive performance rating system for its consultants, contractors and concessionaires.
- The portal-based objective assessment of vendors has been initiated to track performance of vendors for various NHAI projects. The portal is available on the NHAI website under Vendor Performance Evaluation System. Under this portal, vendors are required to conduct self-assessment and upload documents related to project activities being executed by them on the portal.
Dell Technologies virtually launched the “Student Entrepreneurship Programme 2.0” in partnership with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission.
- The initiative is intended at “transforming innovative prototypes” of the ideas of young children who are part of the programme into complete operating products.
- NITI Aayog, policy think tank of the government of India in 2016 had partnered with Dell Technologies, Texas based multinational technology company to adopt Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) in select government schools. The objective of the ATL is to “foster curiosity, creativity and imagination in young minds; and inculcate skills such as design mindset, computational thinking, adaptive learning, physical computing.”
Chief Executive Officer of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog: Amitabh Kant.
Reliance Foundation announces tie-up with W-GDP and USAID to bridge gender digital divide in India
- Under the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative, a new partnership between the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and Reliance Foundation aims to bridge the gender digital divide in India.
- The partnership was announced at a W-GDP event , hosted by Deputy Secretary of State of the United States Stephen Biegun and with special guest, Ivanka Trump, Advisor
- Founder and Chairperson, Reliance Foundation: Nita M Ambani.
- Acting Administrator of US Agency for International Development: John Barsa.
MPEDA opens quality control lab in Porbandar for seafood exporters
- The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) has opened a quality control laboratory here to facilitate tests for seafood processors and exporters to confirm to product safety as per international regulatory requirements, the central agency said .
- The laboratory is equipped with advanced testing instruments to analyse antibiotic residues, heavy-metals, such as cadmium, lead, mercury and arsenic in seafood samples and histamine in fish like tuna and mackerel, it said in a release.
- Chairman of Marine Products Export Development Authority: K S Srinivas.
- Chief Minister of Gujarat: Vijaybhai R. Rupani;
- Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat.
Gwalior-Chambal Expressway to be named after Atal Bihari Vajpayee: MP CM
- The Gwalior-Chambal Expressway will be named Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chambal Progressway, Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan said.
- While paying tribute to former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on his second death anniversary, Chouhan said, “Vajpayee continues to inspire us to work for the public” and also recalled a few emotional moments with him.
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh: Shivraj Singh Chouhan;
- Governor: Anandiben Patel.