Polity & Governance
India & World
Defence & Security
Reports & Indices
James Anderson becomes 1st fast bowler to take 600 Test wickets
- World Snooker Championship 2020: Ronnie O’Sullivan wins sixth world title
- Ronnie O’Sullivan claimed his sixth World Championship title with a dominant 18-8 victory over Kyren Wilson at Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre.
- O’Sullivan draws level with Ray Reardon and boyhood hero Steve Davis on world crowns, and surpasses Stephen Hendry on the all-time list of ranking event wins with a record 37 titles.
ICC Hall of Fame 2020: Jacques Kallis, Lisa Sthalekar and Zaheer Abbas inducted
- The ICC inducted Jacques Kallis, Lisa Sthalekar, and Zaheer Abbas to its list of Hall of Famers .
- The 2020 inductees into the ICC Hall of Fame were announced by Alan Wilkins, Sunil Gavaskar, Mel Jones and Shaun Pollock ICC’s social media channels..
- Kallis is one of the greatest all-rounders in the history of cricket. He scored 13,289 runs in Tests and 11,579 runs in ODIs while taking 250 wickets in both formats of the game. Kallis has a record 23 Player of the Match awards in Tests. He is also South Africa’s highest run-getter in Tests and ODIs .Kallis has 45 Tests hundreds with an average of 55.37.
- CEO of ICC: Manu Sawhney.
- Headquarters of ICC: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Chairman of ICC: Imran Khwaja (Interim).
Union Youth and Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launches nation-wide initiative of Fit India Youth Clubs
- Union Minister of Youth and Sports Kiren Rijiju launched a nation-wide initiative of Fit India Youth Clubs to promote fitness among every citizen on the occasion of Independence Day. The Fit India Youth Club which is a part of the Fit India Movement envisioned by the Prime Minister, endeavours to harness the power of youth to create mass awareness about the importance of fitness. This initiative brings together fitness and voluntarism in a unique way
First female golfer from Germany Sophia Popov wins Women’s British Open
World number 304 Sophia Popov became the first female golfer from Germany to capture a major title after winning the Women’s British Open by two strokes at Royal Troon in Scotland.