Polity & Governance
India & World
Defence & Security
Reports & Indices
Israel successfully tests advanced missile defense system Arrow-2 interceptor
- Israel’s Defense Ministry said it conducted a successful test of the country’s advanced missile defense system against long-range ballistic attacks.
- Defense Minister Benny Gantz said the successful flight test of the Arrow-2 interceptor was part of Israel’s technological effort that “ensures that we will always be one step ahead of our enemies.”
- Israel President: Reuven “Ruvi” Rivlin.
- Israel Prime Minister: Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Israel Capital: Jerusalem.
- Israel Currency: Israeli New Shekel.
UAE launches Arab world’s first nuclear power plant
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) said it had successfully opened a nuclear power plant, becoming the first Arab country to produce nuclear energy.
- The $22.4 billion (€19 billion) Barakah plant on the Gulf coast west of Abu Dhabi is being developed by a consortium led by the Korea Electric Power Corporation.
- President of UAE: Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- Capital of UAE: Abu Dhabi; Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham.