Polity & Governance
India & World
Defence & Security
Reports & Indices
India extends Line of Credit worth 18 million dollars to Maldives
- India has extended Line of Credit worth 18 million US dollars to the Government of Maldives for the expansion of fishing facilities at Maldives Industrial Fisheries Company.
- The project envisages investment in fish collection and storage facilities and the setting up of a tuna cooked plant and fishmeal plant.
- It is part of the 800 million US dollars line of credit offered by India with repayment tenor of 20 years and a 5-year moratorium.
- President of the Maldives: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih.
- Capital of Maldives: Male; Currency of the Maldives: Maldivian Rufiyaa.