Polity & Governance
India & World
Defence & Security
Reports & Indices
IBPS PO Topper Interview, Strategy to prepare for IBPS Probationary Officer exam by Raman Kaur
Tell us something about yourself?
I have done B.com, MBA (Marketing/Finance). After MBA, I started the preparation for Banking exams.
- IBPS Specialist officer (Union Bank of India)
- IBPS PO in ( Bank of India )
- IBPS Clerk in (Oriental Bank of India)
Why did you choose the banking sector and not any other government sector?
Celebrity interviewer is a fancy field , but that does not provide fixed and stable income.
Government sector provides us a good salary package and job security. Government sector job was my dream, that’s why I decided to prepare for it.
What was your strategy for the Prelims exam?
- In prelims math , english and reasoning are asked.
- Clear all the basic and then give mock tests every day. With good speed and accuracy, you can clear Prelims.
- Try to improve your speed in calculations.
- Give mocks. Always see the percentile in mocks.
- Aim beyond 95 percentile.
What was your strategy for the Mains exam?
For mains, I would say that don’t wait for prelims to get over and then study for mains.
- Study only for mains from the starting.
- Gk and banking awareness are included in the mains paper.
- Revise every topic 3-4 times from every subject.
- Give mock tests for this and the main focus on current affairs should be given. There is no need to follow two sources for GK, follow one source but do it properly.
- For mains I want to thank Gaurav Garg sir for the series of daily current affairs on Studyiq Youtube channel.
What was your strategy for the Interview exam?
Confidence and knowledge is required.Work on your communication.
- Personality is judged
- Psychology is judged
- Recent Current affairs topics are asked.
- Don’t lie.
- 3-4 banking questions were asked and the rest were related to my background and graduation subjects.
What message would you like to give to fellow aspirants?
- Leave negativity
- The constituency is the key to success
- Give mock daily
- Believe in yourself
- Attempt questions in which you have full confidence.
Remain focused towards your goal and do not get distracted with other exams.
Lastly, I want to thank the Study IQ team for giving me a platform to express my views and thoughts.