Defence & Security
Lewis Hamilton Wins Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- With the 2019 drivers’ title already won, world champion Lewis Hamilton produced a dominant performance to lead from start to finish in Abu Dhabi.
- It capped another stellar season with this being his 11th win and the 84th of his career, and his 151st podium, in his 250th start.
- In a soporific race, Red Bull’s Max Verstappen took a comfortable second after Ferrari slipped backwards.
- Charles Leclerc ran second in the early laps, ahead of Verstappen, but slipped back to third.
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix/Formula One motor race
- Number of times held -11
- First held -2009
13th South Asian Games Begins In Kathmandu
- President of Nepal Bidya Devi Bhandari declared games open in a glittering ceremony at DasarathaRangshala in Kathmandu.
- During 10 days biggest sporting event of the South Asia, 2715 athletes compete for 1119 medals including 319 Gold in 26 game categories.
- India is represented by 487 athletes. The closing ceremony will be held on 10th December.
- Official languages-Nepali
- President -Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Vice President-Nanda Kishor Pun
- Currency-Nepalese rupee
Rohit Sharma Becomes Brand Ambassador Of La Liga In India
- Rohit Sharma, Team India vice-captain, became the first non-footballer in history to be named the brand ambassador of the La Liga.
- Organising body- Liga de FútbolProfesional (LFP)
- Country -Spain
- Virat Kohli Named In Wisden Cricketers Of The Decade List
- The 31-year-old Indian was named captain of the Wisden Test team of the decade
- India captain Virat Kohli has been named in the Cricketers of the decade list alongside four others by the Wisden Cricketers’ Almanac.
- ICC Chief Executive Officer: Manu Sahney, Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
MS Dhoni Named Captain Of Cricket Australia’s (CA) ODI Of The Decade
- Virat Kohli has been named captain of the Test XI of the decade by Cricket Australia’s official news website, while Mahendra Singh Dhoni was chosen as the leader of its ODI team of the decade.
- Kohli, who averages more than 50 in all formats, is also third in the list of leading run-scorers of all time with 21,444 runs, behind Ponting (27,483) and Tendulkar (34,357).
Nadal and Barty Named 2019-The International Tennis Federation (ITF)
- Eleven players, male and female, were the recipient of awards, with Women’s Tennis Association (WTA), World No.1 Ashleigh Barty claiming a big one.
- Barty is the first Australian to be named ITF Women’s World Champion having become the first Australian woman to reach No.1 in the world rankings since Evonne Goolagong Cawley in 1976. She claimed her first Grand Slam title at Roland Garros, lifted the trophy at the WTA Finals in Shenzen and led Australia to their first Fed Cup by BNP Paribas final since 1993.
- Headquarters of ITF: London, United Kingdom.
- President of ITF: David Haggerty
Mirabai Chanu Wins Gold In 6th Qatar International Cup
- Chanu won gold with an effort of 194kg in the Olympic qualifying event, the points from which will come in handy when the final rankings for Tokyo 2020 cut are done.
- The 25-year-old Chanu won gold with an effort of 194kg in the Olympic qualifying silver level event, the points from which will come in handy when the final rankings for 2020 Tokyo Olympics cut are done.
- Qatar Capital: Doha; Currency: Qatari riyal.
- Belgium crowned FIFA Team of the Year
- President of FIFA: Gianni Infantino; Founded: 21 May 1904.
- Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland.
R N Ravi To Hold Additional Charge As Governor Of Meghalaya
- Nagaland Governor R.N Ravi was given the additional charge of Meghalaya in the wake of the “absence of leave” of Tathagata Roy, a press communique from the President’s House said.
- Capital -Shillong
- Governor- Tathagata Roy
- Chief Minister-Conrad Sangma