Defence & Security
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal VikasYojana (PMKVY)-|||
- The government is planning to launch third phase of its flagship Pradhan Mantri Kaushal VikasYojana (PMKVY) in the next financial year.
- The government launched the PMKVY scheme in 2015 and revamped it in 2016 to impart skills to one crore persons by 2020.
- The revamped scheme, called PMKVY 2.0, moved to a grant-based model where the training and assessment cost would be directly reimbursed to training providers and assessment bodies in accordance with common norms.
- Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Mahendra Nath Pandey said that the target under PMKVY-III, will be launched after March 2020, will be bigger and cover larger aspects.
Nationwide Vaccination Drive Launched Under Mission Indradhanush 2.0
- The government’s flagship scheme is aimed at immunizing children under the age of 2 years and pregnant women against eight vaccine preventable diseases.
- The IMI covers vaccines for diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, measles, meningitis and Hepatitis B. Vaccines for Japanese encephalitis and Hemophilus influenza are also being provided in selected areas.
- The IMI 2.0 aims to achieve targets of full immunization coverage in 272 districts spread over 27 States. The IMI 2.0 will be carried out between December 2019 and March 2020.
Odisha Govt. Launches ‘Jalsathi’ programme
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the ‘Jalsathi’ programme which will ensure supply of safe drinking water to all households in the state.
- Patnaik also distributed water quality testing kits and POS (point of sale) machines to the women volunteers – ‘Jalasathis’.
Governor of Odisha: Ganeshi Lal.
Vice Prez M Venkaiah Naidu Launches Bharatiya POSHAN Anthem
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu launched the “BharatiyaPoshan Anthem” which aims at taking the message of making India malnutrition free to all corners of the country.
- The vice president hoped that the “poshan anthem” will lead to a nutrition revolution to transform India into a malnutrition-free country by 2022.