Defence & Security
India Becomes 1st Country To Make Entire Haj Process Digital
- Minority affairs minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi signed the bilateral agreement for next year’s pilgrimage with the Saudi Haj Minister in Jeddah.
- Naqvi said, an online application, e-visa, Haj mobile app, ‘e-MASIHA’ health facility, “e-luggage pre-tagging” providing all information in India itself regarding accommodation and transportation in Mecca and Madina will be provided to 2 lakh Indian Muslims going for Haj in 2020.
- Location(s) -Mecca
- Country -Saudi Arabia
- ‘Oxygen Parlour’ At Nashik Railway Station To Combat Air Pollution
- In a unique initiative to battle rising air pollution in cities, an ‘Oxygen Parlour’ has been opened at Nashik railway station to provide an experience of breathing clean air to the commuters.
- The co-founder of Airo Guard, Amit Amritkar said that the concept of Oxygen Parlour is based on the recommendation of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- The initiative comes with the efforts of Airo Guard in collaboration with the Indian Railways.
- Odisha Launches ‘Madhu’ App To Help School Students
How will the app help?
- It is aimed at helping school students in learning their lessons taught in school classrooms through videos and practicing them.
- Through the app, the students will have access to video explanation of the topics they are taught in their classroom, said an official.
- The courses have been prepared to make the videos interesting using quality teaching-learning material.
- It also features interactive question answering sessions.
- Capital -Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister -Naveen Patnaik
- Official language -Odia
Indian Railway Launches ‘Him Darshan Express’
- The Indian Railways on Wednesday started the Him Darshan Express train between Kalka and Shimla stations, as a Christmas gift to the people.
- The train has six modern and first-class AC vista-dome coaches with glass rooftop to have a panoramic view of the hilly region.
- With this train 52459/52460, modern first-class AC (EV-Executive Vistadome) coaches have also been introduced.
Railway Minister: Piyush Goyal.
Afghanistan Becomes 1st Country To Recognize Indian Pharmacopoeia
- The Indian Pharmacopoeia (IP) has been recognised formally by the National Department of Regulation of Medicines and Health Products of the Ministry of Public Health of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
- It will also be used based on the requirement as reputable pharmacopoeia in the laboratory of medicines and health products quality.
- With this, a new beginning has been made and Afghanistan has become the first country to recognize IP pursuant to the efforts of Department of Commerce and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Unesco Removes ‘racist’ Belgian Carnival From Heritage List
- The carnival of Aalst, in the Dutch-speaking region of Flanders, was initially added to Unesco’s list of the intangible cultural heritage of humanity in 2010.
- But the presence of a parade float caricaturing Orthodox Jews with hooked noses and sitting on gold bags outraged Belgium’s 40,000-strong Jewish community.
- UNESCO formation: 4 November 1946.
- UNESCO Headquarters: Paris, France.
- UNESCO Director-General: Audrey Azoulay.
BS-VI-( Bharat Stage VI) Norms To Prolong Slowdown
- BS-VI emission norms: Effective from 1-April-2020.
- Its introduction will be create another round of price rise and this will affect the sales.
- In the last one year, car prices have gone up significantly on account of the safety norms and other regulations, which has increased the acquisition cost for customers.
- Manufacturers have invested a lot in upgrading the engines, these updated engines will limit the release of NITROGEN OXIDE and CARBON MONOXIDE.
WEF’s- (World Economic Forum ) 50th Annual Meeting
- The WEF has said the 2020 meeting aims to give a concrete meaning to “stakeholder capitalism”, assist governments and international institutions in tracking progress towards the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals, and facilitate discussions on technology and trade governance.