Defence & Security
Interviewer: How did you clear the SBI PO exam in the first attempt?
Nidhi: I completed my graduation from Jesus and Mary College(DU) and I am not from an engineering background.
- I completed my graduation in 2018.
- If I can do it I think anyone can do it.
- There is no constraint of percentage in SBI like we have in RBI.
Interviewer: Why did you choose the banking sector and not the private sector?
Nidhi: Placements were in a small number in my college.
- After college, I got nothing in the private sector.
- Due to which I had migraines also, I could not concentrate on anything.
- I had to prove myself and the government sector is the best platform where I can prove myself.
- I wanted a government job and SSC was a time taking process.
- No paternal or maternal side was in the government sector.
Interviewer: How did you prepare for the prelims exam of SBI PO?
Nidhi: In prelims, we have three sections.
We get 20 minutes for each section.
- You have to attempt high with accuracy
- In prelims, only your basic understanding is asked.
- Solve Reasoning puzzles
- Complete you’re your basics in 1 month.
- Give mocks.
- Before prelims, I gave 45 mocks
- Don’t be around the cutoff. Always try to score 15/20 marks above cutoff.
- The cutoff is made by us
- Always see the percentile
- Aim beyond 95 percentile
- In my first mock, I got 45 percentile.
- A few days before prelims of SBI PO I was getting 98 /99 percentile.
Interviewer: What was your strategy for the Mains exam?
Nidhi: For mains, I would say that don’t wait for prelims to get over and then study for mains.
- Study only for mains from the starting.
- Gk and banking awareness is included in the mains paper.
- Revise every topic 3-4 times from every subject.
Interviewer: What was your strategy for the Descriptive Test?
Nidhi: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
I watched Current affairs topics by Prashant Dhawan Sir (study IQ)
Interviewer: How did you manage your time?
Nidhi: I gave one mock before mains and I got negative marks in it.
For mains, only knowledge in depth is required. Give mocks only for prelims and ovoid giving mocks for SBI PO mains exam.
Interviewer: Throw some light on the Interview Process?
Nidhi: A candidate who clears both the Prelims & Mains Exam of SBI PO 2019 will be further called for a GD-PI session wherein they will face a panel of selectors discussing on their past experience and questions related to General Knowledge and of the Banking Sector.
The marks allocated to these rounds are: Group Discussion – 20 marks, Interview – 30 marks
- The topic I got was USA -China trade war.
- Basically, Teamwork is seen.
- Don’t be aggressive in GD(Group Discussion)
- At last, confidence is very much required.
Interviewer: What kind of Resources did you refer for current affairs?
Nidhi: The editorial part is very much required in any newspaper. Gaurav Garg’s sir video is very helpful for this.
Interviewer: How to tackle stress and management?
Nidhi: Stress is there and for it you can listen to light music, get relax. When I missed my LIC AAO by a few marks, I was sad for a few days then I got back to studies cause there is no alternative.
Interviewer: How much of social media did you use?
Nidhi: The Same question was asked from me in my SBI PO interview.
Fb/instagram/WhatsApp/telegram: I was not active in any of the following, I think this was the reason I cleared my SBI PO exam in the first attempt.
Interviewer: Would you like to say thanks to anyone?
Nidhi: I want to thank my family.
Second thanks to God.
Third thanks to Gaurav Garg Sir.
Adda 247 also helped me a lot in my preparation.