Polity & Governance
India to emerge as most resilient economy after Germany in 2021: PHDCCI
- India will emerge as the most resilient economy after Germany in 2021 exhibiting a strong economic resurgence to the global economic turmoil caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a report.
- Germany ranks first in the PHDCCI International Economic Resilience Rank followed by India and South Korea at second and third positions, respectively, according to the report released by industry body PHDCCI.
India falls to 53rd rank in EIU’s Democracy Index, dubbed as flawed democracy
- India slipped two places to 53rd position in the 2020 Democracy Index’s global ranking, according to The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), which said the “democratic backsliding” by authorities and “crackdowns” on civil liberties has led to a further decline in the country’s ranking. However, India is ranked higher than most of its neighbouring countries.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit Headquarters: London, United Kingdom.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit Parent organization: Economist Group.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit Founded: 1946.