Polity & Governance
ICG ship C-453 commissioned
- Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICG) C-453, the 17th of the 18 Interceptor Boats being indigenously built by Larsen & Toubro Ltd., was commissioned in Chennai .
- ICGS C-453, the 27.80-m-long interceptor boat with a displacement of 105 tonnes and a maximum speed of 45 knots (85 kmph) is capable of undertaking multifarious tasks, including surveillance, interdiction, close-coast patrol and search and rescue, in addition to providing assistance to boats and craft in distress at sea, a defence press release said.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd CEO: S. N. Subrahmanyan.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd Founded: 7 February 1938, Mumbai.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd Headquarters: Mumbai
In A First, 34 Women Commandos Inducted Into CRPF’s Anti-Naxal CoBRA Unit
- In the first, a maiden contingent of 34 CRPF women personnel were inducted into the specialized jungle warfare commando force called ‘ CoBRA ‘. The contingent would now be deployed in the anti-naxal operations grid of India.
- The women personnel will undergo strenuous pre-induction training for three months and subsequently will be embedded with CoBRA units deployed in districts of Naxal-affected states like Chhattisgarh.
- Central Reserve Police Force Director-General: AP Maheshwari.
- Central Reserve Police Force Headquarters: New Delhi, India.
Indian Navy Undertaking Mega Exercise In The Indian Ocean Region
- The Indian Navy is carrying out a mega war game involving almost all operational assets like warships, submarines and aircraft over a vast geographical expanse in the Indian Ocean Region to test the force’s combat readiness in a complex multi-dimensional scenario, officials said.
- The biennial ”Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (TROPEX)” aims to validate the Navy’s offensive as well as defence capabilities and safeguard national interests in the maritime domain besides promoting peace and stability in the Indian Ocean, they said.
Aero India 2021: India’s military aviation expo underway at Yelahanka Air Force station
- The 13th edition of the Aero India show began at Bengaluru’s Yelahanka Air Force Station. The three-day show is held from February 3 to 5.
- The event was inaugurated by Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh. Three Mi-17 helicopters took part in the flypast during the inauguration of Aero India-2021.
L&T delivers last K9 Vajra howitzer to Army, firm in talks with DRDO to convert it into tank
- Leading Indian private defence major Larsen and Toubro (L&T) successfully completed delivery of the last and 100th K9 Vajra 155mm/52 calibre Tracked Self-Propelled Howitzer, which was flagged off by Army Chief General M.M. Naravane at Hazira near Surat in Gujarat.
- With the company delivering ahead of schedule the massive Armoured Systems Complex (ASC) at Hazira, which has its own track, it is likely to go into hibernation mode with no new contract expected in the immediate future.
- Indian Army is internally looking at the possibility and practicality of having a light tank, which could come handy in situations similar to Ladakh stand-off.
- L&T CEO: S. N. Subrahmanyan.
- L&T Founded: 7 February 1938.
- L&T Headquarters: Mumbai.
- L&T Chairman: Anil Manibhai Naik.