Polity & Governance
Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy: Tamil Nadu Beat Baroda By 7 Wickets In Final To Clinch Title
- Tamil Nadu produced an impressive batting display after left-arm spinner M Siddarth’s four-wicket haul as they lifted the coveted Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy after defeating Baroda by seven wickets in the final.
- Tamil Nadu beat Baroda by seven wickets in the Syed Mushtaq Ali final
- M Siddarth’s 4-wicket haul helped Tamil Nadu restrict Baroda to 120 for 9Tamil Nadu chased down the 121-run target with 2 overs to spare
Bhim Army’s Chandra Shekhar Aazad on TIME’s list of 100 emerging leader
Bhim Army Chief Chandra Shekhar Aazad has been featured in TIME magazine’s annual list of 100 “emerging leaders who are shaping the future”.
- India-born UK finance minister Rishi Sunak, Twitter’s Vijaya Gadde also on the list.
Everyone on this list is poised to make history and in fact, many already have, Dan Macsai, the editorial director of the TIME100, said.
- The 2021 TIME100 Nex is an expansion of TIME’s flagship TIME100 franchise of the most influential people in the world and highlights 100 emerging leaders who are shaping the future.
India Top Medals Tally At First Asian Online Shooting Championship
- Asian Online Shooting Championship: India’s gold winners were Saurabh Chaudhary in the men’s 10m air pistol, Divyansh Singh Panwar in the men’s 10m air rifle, Kynan Chenai in men’s trap and Rajeshwari Kumari in women’s trap.
- There were a total of eight pistol and rifle events on the roster
- In the shotgun events, 150-bird matches were held
- The competition saw 274 participants
List of Medal Winners from India:
- Saurabh Chaudhary – men’s 10m air pistol
- Divyansh Singh Panwar- men’s 10m air rifle
- Kynan Chenai – men’s trap
- Rajeshwari Kumari – women’s trap
- Arjun Babuta – men’s 10m air rifle
- Shreyasi Singh – women’s trap
- Manu Bhaker – women’s 10m air pistol
- Sarabjot Singh – men’s 10m air pistol
- Deepak Kumar – men’s 10m air rifle
- Prithviraj Tondaiman – men’s trap
- Manish Keer – women’s trap
A.R. Rahman presented ‘Alert Being Icon Award’
- AR Rahman, activist, won awards for being Good Samaritans.
- Music composer AR Rahman and social activist Saidapet Hari Krishnan were among the 14 people who were presented the fourth edition of the Alert Being Awards 2020 by the NGO ALERT, for their Good Samaritan work. Hari Krishnan had been appointed by the Greater Chennai Corporation as a district volunteer head for Covid-19 relief work.