ISRO will set up launch port for small satellite launch vehicles
- Indian Space Research Organisation will establish a second launch port in Thoothukodi district in Tamilnadu exclusively to launch small satellite launch vehicles.
ISRO Chairman K Sivan
Formation 15 August 1969
Headquarters Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Railways renames RPF as Indian Railway Protection Force Service
- The Ministry of Railways accorded Organised Group ‘A’ status to Railway Protection Force (RPF) and renamed it Indian Railway Protection Force Service.
- The Organised Group ‘A’ status (OGAS) to RPF decision arising from Hon’ble Court’s orders.
Union Railway Minister: Piyush Goyal.
Joint Director of Railway Board Amitabh Joshi
CISF to observe 2020 as ‘year of mobility’
- The Central Industrial Security Force will observe 2020 as the ‘year of mobility’ and steps will be taken in a 4 pronged manner, that will have a special focus on creation of more residential units and implementation of various welfare measures for the troops.
- CISF Director General Rajesh Ranjan said this while addressing jawans and officers of the over 1.62-lakh personnel force over a country-wide webcast facility on the occasion of new year.
Director-General of CISF: Rajesh Ranjan;
CISF established: 1969.
India’s 1st indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant to be commissioned by 2021
- The manufacturing of the country’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant is currently under phase three which involves setting to work of machinery and other equipment and it is likely to be commissioned by early 2021.
Indian Navy Chief of the Naval Staff: Admiral Karambir Singh.
Navy Day: 4 December.
‘Vyommitra’ a half-humanoid robot has been unveiled by ISRO for Gaganyaan Space Mission
- The half-humanoid robot, named ‘VyomMitra’ or a friend in the sky, is capable of conversing with astronauts, recognising them, and responding to their queries.
ISRO Director: K. Sivan;
France to train Indian flight surgeons for ISRO’s Gaganyaan mission
- France will train Indian flight surgeons to enable them to monitor the health of astronauts selected for the ambitious human space mission Gaganyaan.
President of France: Emmanuel Macron;
IAF inducts its 1st squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft
- The Indian Air Force has inducted its first squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft carrying the BrahMos missiles in the South at its Thanjavur base in Tamil Nadu.
- The newly reinstated 222-squadron, also known as the Tigersharks, would serve as a lethal weapons platform capable of carrying both aerial and maritime roles in the Indian Ocean Region.
Indian Air Force Day: 8 October.
The motto of Indian Air Force: NabhahSprshamDiptam (touch the sky with glory).
Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat
Visakhapatnam to host MILAN 2020 naval exercise in March
- The Indian Navy will host military drill ‘Milan 2020′ (Multilateral Naval Exercise) at Visakhapatnam in March which will witness the participation of several countries.
- 41 nations from South Asia, Southeast Asia, Africa and Europe that share defence cooperation with India have been invited for the drill.
- The MILAN series of biennial exercises commenced in 1995. It was conducted at Andaman and Nicobar Command until last year
Andhra Pradesh Capital: Amaravati.
Andhra Pradesh Governor: BiswabhusanHarichandan.