India on Malaysia & Turkey
- India is planning to cut some imports from Turkey and widen curbs on palm oil from Malaysia to oil, gas and other products.
- India is not happy with the two Muslim-majority countries for their criticism of India’s policy towards Kashmir.
- India, the world’s biggest buyer of edible oils, has already effectively stopped importing palm oil from Malaysia.
Capital -Kuala -Lumpur
Prime Minister- Mahathir Mohamad
Currency -Turkish lira
World Bank projects India’s growth rate at 5% for FY2020
- The World Bank cut India’s growth for financial year 2020 to 5% from 6% estimated earlier, a day after the country’s statistics office pegged growth in the current financial year at 5%, the lowest in 11 years.
President of World Bank: David R. Malpass;
Headquarter: Washington DC.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepali counterpart K.P.Sharma Oli inaugurated Integrated Check Post (ICP), Biratnagar.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said that India has been playing the role of a trusted partner in Nepal’s all round development.
- The Prime Minister was speaking after jointly inaugurating the Jogbani-Biratnagar Integrated Check Post, ICP through video conferencing with his Nepalese counterpart K P Sharma Oli.
Prime Minister of Nepal: K P Sharma Oli;
President of Nepal: Bidhya Devi Bhandari; Currency of Nepal: Nepalese rupee.
Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya participates at United Nations AIDS Programme in WEF-World Economic Forum
- The Union Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) and Chemical & Fertilizers Mansukh Mandaviya participated in the High-level roundtable of The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) at World Economic Forum at Davos.
- The theme of the roundtable is Access for all: Leveraging Innovations, Investments, and Partnerships for Health.
World AIDS Day: 1 December.
United Nations AIDS Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
Winnie Byanyima is the Executive Director of the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS.