Indian Bowler Jasprit Bumrah gets BCCI’s Polly Umrigar award
- The world’s No. 1 ODI bowler Jasprit Bumrah will receive the prestigious Polly Umrigar Award during the BCCI Annual Awards in Mumbai.
- Jasprit Bumrah is the only Asian bowler to pick up a five-wicket haul in South Africa, England, Australia and the West Indies.
Ladakh wins 7th National Ice Hockey Championship women trophy
- The tournament was organised by the Ice Hockey Association of India (IHAI) in association with the Ladakh winter sports club. Four women teams representing Chandigarh, Delhi, Maharashtra, and Ladakh participated in the tournament.
- The chief guest at the event, Ladakh Buddhist Association President PT Kunzang, distributed the trophies and certificates to the players.
President of Ice Hockey Association of India: K. L. Kumar.
Vinesh Phogat shines with gold medal at the Rome Ranking Series
- Indian wrestlers had a stellar run in the Rome Ranking Series in Italy, returning with 7 medals, including four gold.
- BajrangPunia, despite looking rusty in his run to the finals, managed to turn his form around in the summit clash to return with the yellow metal, and Ravi Dahiya managed to bag the top honours.
Ratchanok Intanon bags Indonesia Masters title 2020
- Ratchanok Intanon won the first badminton title of the year in a 2-1 victory over former world number one Carolina Marin.
Yogeshwar Dutt& Deepa Malik included in All India Council of Sports
- The tenure of AICS, an advisory body to the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports which was formed in 2015 by then Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, has been extended by three years and it will continue to be led by veteran sports administrator V K Malhotra as President.
President of All India Council of Sports: V K Malhotra.
Maharashtra has topped the medal tally of Khelo India Youth Games 2020
- The multi-sporting extravaganza of the Khelo India Youth Games 2020 underway in Guwahati, Assam.
- Maharashtra topped the Khelo India Youth Games champions 2020. The total medal tally of 256 medals, including 78 gold. Haryana ranked second and won a medal tally of 200.
Capital of Assam: Dispur;
Governor of Assam: Jagdish Mukhi.
Organized by: The 2020 Games is conducted in partnership with the School Games Federation of India (SGFI), Indian Olympic Association (IOA), and Assam State government.