In the pre-exam, we have two subjects math and reasoning. For math, the basic calculation is must, 5 to 10 questions are asked on simplification and that too of basic level, anyone can easily do them.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- Reasoning – 40 questions 40 marks.
- Numerical Ability- 40 questions 40 marks.
A cumulative time of 45 mins is given.
In Reasoning 40 questions are asked which are of 40 marks – coding-decoding, syllogism, inequalities are asked and that too of a simple level. Machine input-output question is not seen much. All these come at a very basic level.
My calculation was very fast in the exam that’s why I was able to CRACK THE EXAM.
- RRB Rajasthan clerk cutoff was 74 out of 80.
- In RRB PO I attempted 65 and got 62.5 and in RRB Clerk I attempted 79 and got 79.
Mains preparation strategy (PO)( 2 hours)
Subjects -Math, Reasoning, Computer, Hindi/English and GA.
Banking awareness- I followed banking awareness videos by Gaurav Garg Sir on Current Affairs at Studyiq Youtube channel.
- Banking Awareness
- Indian and International Economy
- Banking Terms
- Awards and Honors
- RBI & Its Functions
- Books and Authors
- Fiscal Monetary Policies
- Repo and Reverse Repo Rate
- History of Banking
Preliminary Exams strategy —
The reasoning was my favorite subject. I always did one-liner questions first in the exam followed by the two liners and at last the puzzle and sitting arrangement.
Try to solve 40 questions in 18/19 minutes.
For Math, I gave 23/24 minutes –starting with simplification questions at first followed by Data Interpretation questions then, the arithmetic questions.
- Learn squares up to 40 and cube up to 25
- Give daily quizzes on 2-3 applications.
- Give mock and do the analysis of them.
- For Pre give 2/3 mock
- For Mains give 10/12 mock
- NCERT of Hindi for classes 9-12, revise NCERT of Hindi 2-3 times.
- I scored 31 marks out of 40 in Hindi.
- Fill in the Blanks
Computer: Lucent book
- Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Abbreviations
- Software and Hardware Fundamentals
- Shortcut Keys
- Basic Knowledge of Internet
- MS Office
- History of Computers
- Security Tools
- History and Future of Computers
- Virus, Hacking
In Mains, I scored 17 marks more than the final cutoff.
In the Final cutoff, I got only 0.55 marks more from the final cutoff.
In the Interview, I scored 11 out of 20.
- Personality is
- Psychology is judged
- Current topics are asked.
- Don’t lie.
- 3-4 banking questions were asked and rest were related to my background and graduation subjects.
Do practice of the subjects more than to study only.
I studied Math but I practised it more, I helped my friends in math only because I practiced more.
I want to thank Gaurav Garg sir for the series of daily current affairs on Studyiq Youtube channel.
I wish you all the very best.