Defence & Security
Science & Technology
Days & Dates
Reports & Indices
Arun Kumar appointed as DGCA chief
- Arun Kumar has been appointed as the Director Generalof aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation.
- He will replace BS Bhullar.
LinkedIn appoints Ashutosh Gupta as country manager for India
- LinkedIn has appointedAshutosh Gupta as the new country manager for India operations. Gupta will replace Mahesh Narayanan, who was the country manager for India for period from January-June 2019.
Vikas Swarup appointed as Secretary of Overseas Indian Affairs
- Senior diplomat Vikas Swarup has been appointed as Secretary, Overseas Indian Affairs with effect from August 1, 2019, according to an order issued by the Personnel Ministry.
- Swarup, a 1986-batch officer of the Indian Foreign Service, is at present India’s High Commissioner in Ottawa.
- Capital of Canada- Ottawa
- Currency- Canadian Dollar
- Minister of External Affairs- Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
India’s Anshula Kant is World Bank MD and CFO
- The World Bank Group announced that Anshula Kant, an Indian national, has been appointed Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer. Ms. Kant will be the first woman CFO of the Bank.
- Headquarter of World Bank- Washington DC (USA)
- Established in- 1994
- President- David Malpass
Kalraj Mishra appointed Himachal Pradesh Governor
- PresidentRam Nath Kovind has appointed Kalraj Mishra as the Governor of Himachal Pradesh.
- Acharya Devvrathas been transferred from Himachal Pradesh and appointed as the governor of
Christine Lagarde resigns as IMF chief
- International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde submitted her resignation from the global crisis lender citing more clarity about her nomination to lead the European Central Bank.
- Christine Lagarde was the first woman to head the IMF.
New governors appointed to 6 states
- Madhya Pradesh:Lalji Tandon will replace Anandiben Patel.
- Uttar Pradesh: Anandiben Patelwill replace Ram Naik.
- West Bengal: Jagdeep Dhankharwill replace Keshari Nath Tripathi.
- Bihar: Phagu Chuhanwill replace Lalji Tandon.
- Nagaland: R.N. Raviwill replace P.B. Acharya.
- Tripura: Ramesh Baiswill replace Kaptan Singh Solanki.
RBI names Kanungo to run monetary policy portfolio
- Reserve Bank of India has assigned deputy governor P. Kanungo to run the monetary policy portfolio and forecasting department.
- Kanungo has become the 6th member of the RBI’s Monetary Policy Committee.
Priti Patel appointed as Britain’s Home Secretary
- Priti Patelhas been appointed as Britain’s Home Secretary in the newly-unveiled Boris Johnson Cabinet.
- She has become the Britain’s first Indian-origin Home Secretary.