Defence & Security
Science & Technology
Days & Dates
Reports & Indices
India-Myanmar: Exchange crucial information on drug trafficking
- 4th Director General level talks between Narcotics Control Bureau (India) and Central Committee for Drug Abuse Control (Myanmar) was held inNew Delhi. India and Myanmar have resolved to exchange crucial information relating to drug trafficking and precursors.
- Capital of Myanmar- Naypyitaw
- Currency- Burmese Kyat
Integrated Indian Visa Application Centre Inaugurated In Bangladesh
- A new integrated state-of-the-art integrated Indian Visa Application Centre (IVAC)was jointly inaugurated by Home Minister Rajnath Singh and his Bangladeshi counterpart Asaduzzaman Khan at Dhaka’s Jamuna Future Park.
- Rajnath Singh is presently in Bangladesh on a three-day visit. He also inaugurated the Bangladesh-India Friendship building in Bangladesh Police Academy in Sardah.
- Bangladesh PM- Sheikh Hasina
- Capital- Dhaka
- Currency- Bangladeshi Taka
India-US trade talks
- US and Indian trade negotiators ended talks on tariffs and other protectionist measures imposed by both sides that are straining bilateral ties, without making major progress.
- The US sought the rollback of Indian tariffs imposed on some agricultural products.
- India has asked for those privileges, effectively zero tariffs on a range of Indian products under the Generalised System of Preference entering the United States, to be reinstated.
- For the fifth time, Pakistan extended its airspace ban along its eastern border with India till July 26.
- Pakistan fully closed its airspace on February 26 after the Indian Air Force (IAF) fighter jets struck a Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) terrorist training camp in Balakot following the Pulwama terror attack in Kashmir.
- In March, it partially opened its airspace but kept its ban for the Indian flights.