Defence & Security
Science & Technology
Days & Dates
Reports & Indices
Hike in surcharge
- Foreign portfolio investors will need to pay a higher surcharge on their capital gains.
- Long-term capital gains tax: 25% from about 12%
- Short-term capital gains tax: 4%, up from the current 17.9%.
- Finance Bill, 2019, says the new rates are also applicable for association of persons (AoPs), among other categories.
- Over 46 crore income tax returns have been filed.
- As per data compiled by the revenue department, a total of over 7.94 lakh tax returns were alone filed on July 16, of which over 5.26 lakh was ITR-1 or Sahaj.
- ITR-2 meant for individuals and Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs) not having income from profits and gains of business or profession
- ITR-3 for individuals and HUFs having income from profits and gains of business or profession
- ITR-4 or Sugam has been filed so far by individuals, HUFs and firms with a total income of up to Rs 50 lakh under the presumptive income scheme from business and profession, provided the assessee is neither a director no have invested in any unlisted company.