Defence & Security
Science & Technology
Days & Dates
Reports & Indices
Tip of the Month
Tips to solve Puzzle –
Reasoning is a game of wits and mind. Logical Reasoning Puzzles require you to analyze the given piece of information, pick the information that is important and leave out the information that is not required in solving the given set of questions. An important tip to solve Difficult Puzzles with 100% accuracy is to make 2-3 possibilities for the same puzzle and keep cancelling them out as you proceed.
Important approach or steps to keep in mind while solving the Puzzle:
- Take a quick look at the question. Don’t spend much time in regarding the first paragraph very deeply. Because in the first paragraph you are provided with the basic info like people and things.
- Moving further after knowing the basic information, go through the whole puzzle quickly. At this time you just need to notice that regarding which particular variable most of the information is given and then you have to start your puzzle with that particular variable.
- Analyse and collect all the direct statements provided in the puzzle.
- Now point out the negative statements provided in the puzzle. You need to make all the possibilities and move forward. As you proceed, keep canceling out the possibilities that do not follow or go against the information that is provided in the puzzle.
- If there are different possibilities of the arrangement, draw different arrangements based on them.
- In the end, you will be left with only one possibility that will be following all the positive as well as the negative statements given in the puzzle and that would be the required solution.
Points keep in mind-
- Always choose the statement to start with wisely. The information that is cent percent correct and to the point should always be considered first to start off the puzzle with.
- Arrange the direct information in a tabular format.
- Never choose to assume anything on your own over drawing different possibilities to obtain the solution.
- Concentrate on the words like ‘not’, ‘only’, ‘who’, ‘and’.
- If two statements are joined by “and”, then the second statement is talking about the first person.
- Adjacent means next to each other not opposite to each other.
- If two statements are joined by “who”, then the statement given after “who” is talking about the second person.
- Practice is what makes a person perfect. So, keep practicing and start working smart.