Defence & Security
Science & Technology
Days & Dates
Reports & Indices
- Hi, I am Sushil Kumar. I have qualified SBI PO 2018. I have completed my Graduation from Buxar, Bihar.
Why do I want to join the government sector?
- I worked in a private sector bank and realized that my skills are not fully utilized there. Then I decided to join public sector bank. It is more relevant to me.
- Government sector provides us a good salary package and job security. Government sector job was my dream, that’s why I decided to prepare for it.
How I started my preparation?
- Firstly go with concept and clear all your basics. Revision is the key to success and do not focus only on one subject. I used to watch Gaurav Garg sir videos and also with the help of pen drive course of Study IQ, I rectified all my loopholes. I suggest all banking aspirants to watch his current affairs videos as they help a lot in cracking any banking exam.
Structure of the banking exam and some strategies followed by me
- There are three stages of a banking exam. Stage 1 is prelims and stage 2 is mains followed by an interview for the post of PO.
- For prelims, Go with 1-2 mocks daily, and do not forget to analyze them. This is the most important thing to crack any exam. Solve maximum number of quizzes which will help increase your speed that is necessary to qualify prelims, as accuracy and speed plays an important role in prelims exams.
- For Maths and Reasoning, practice a lot. Solve as many questions as possible. At first clear your basic concepts and after that go for higher level questions.
- For English, practice Reading Comprehension and follow Newspapers like The Hindu on a daily basis.
- For mains, one of my friends suggested watching Gaurav Sir’s videos. There is some different approach in his videos after which I started continuously watching his videos. Because of Gaurav Sir videos, I scored very well in General Awareness section.
- During Interview, The panel looks into your awareness. Be very well prepared in Current Affairs section, Banking News, about your Hometown and home state.
- Be confident.
- At last, I would say, do not lose patience. Prepare very well for GA as it is a game changer in every exam.
- Lastly, I want to thank the Study IQ team for giving me a platform to express my views and thoughts.