MSDE launches AI-based “ASEEM” digital platform
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship launches AI-based ASEEM digital platform to bridge demand-supply gap of skilled workforce across sectors
- The portal will map details of workers based on regions and local industry demands
- Database of labour migrants in Indian states and overseas citizens, who returned to India under the Vande Bharat Mission and filled SWADES Skill Card, has been integrated with the ASEEM portal
Boeing completes delivery of Apache, Chinook helicopters to Indian Air Force
- Amid border standoff with China, Boeing has completed delivery of AH-64E Apache and CH-47F(I) Chinook military helicopters to the Indian Air Force (IAF). With this, the US aerospace major has completed the contract for 22 Apaches to IAF.
- The delivery of the final five of the 22 Apache attack helicopters was done to the IAF at Air Force Station, Hindan. Boeing had earlier in March handed over the last five of 15 CH-47F(I) Chinook heavy-lift helicopters to the IAF, a statement said.
- The US aerospace major has completed the contract for 22 Apaches to IAF. The delivery of the final five of the 22 Apache attack helicopters was done to the IAF at Air Force Station, Hindan
- Headquarters of Boeing: Chicago, United States.
- Boeing Founded: 15 July 1916.
- President and Chief Executive Officer of Boeing: David L. Calhoun.
ISRO to launch Amazonia-1 satellite of Brazil onboard PSLV next month
- At the 6th BRICS Summit in 2014, the two countries –India and Brazil had an agreement all signed which talked about setting up a Brazilian earth station to receive data from the Indian satellites.
- The Indian Space Research and Research Organisation (ISRO) gets ready to launch Brazil’s Amazonia -1 satellite in August on board PSLV. Confirming this to Financial Express Online, a top diplomat said “The launch with PSLV next month is confirmed, however, we have not received a confirmed date yet. It is all dependent on the Indian Space Agency and its schedule.”
- ISRO Director: K. Sivan, Headquarters: Bengaluru; Established: 1969.
- Capital of Brazil: Brasilia.
- President of Brazil: Jair Bolsonaro.
- Currency of Brazil: Brazilian Real.
Google is buying 7.73% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 33, 737 crore
Internet major Google is buying a 7.73% stake in Reliance Industries’ telecom and digital unit Jio Platforms for Rs. 33,737 crore as part of its recently announced $10 billion India digitisation fund.
- RIL of Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Chairman & Managing Director of RIL: Mukesh D. Ambani.
- Google Headquarters: California, United States.
- CEO of Google: Sundar Pichai.
SportsAdda signs former Australian pacer and legend Brett Lee as brand ambassador
- SportsAdda – Indian news and information website for cricket, football, and kabaddi, has signed former Australian fast bowler and cricket legend Brett Lee, as its brand ambassador.
- As ambassador, Lee will be conducting a host of fun activities including contests, quizzes, Q&As, bowling masterclasses, and giveaways that will feature exclusively on the SportsAdda app, website, and social handles.
Poba Reserve Forest in Assam”s Dhemaji to be upgraded to wildlife sanctuary
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal announced that Poba Reserve Forest in Dhemaji district would be upgraded to a wildlife sanctuary.
- The chief minister made the announcement during a review meeting of the flood scenario at Jonai in the district.
- Poba Reserve Forest, declared in 1924 with an area of 10,522 hectares, is home to large number of flora and fauna, an official statement said.
- Capital of Assam: Dispur.
- Governor of Assam: Jagdish Mukhi.
Consumer Protection Act 2019 Comes Into Force: Key Things To Know
- The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 comes into force on Monday, replacing the more than 3-decade old Consumer Protection Act 1986. The new law aims to enforce and protect the rights of consumers, and provide an effective mechanism to address consumer grievances.
- The Consumer Protection Bill, 2019 was introduced in the Upper House of Parliament by the Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Ram Vilas Paswan, on July 8, 2019. It was passed by the Lok Sabha on July 30, 2019 and Rajya Sabha on August 6, 2019. The Bill was then signed into law by President Ram Nath Kovind on August 9 last year.
Union Minister of Consumer Affairs: Ram Vilas Paswan.