Defence & Security
Days & Dates
Indian-origin Anita Bhatia appointed UN Deputy Executive Director
- Indian-origin Anita Bhatia, a veteran in strategic partnerships, resource mobilization, and management, has been appointed by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres as the Deputy Executive Director in the global body’s agency focused on women empowerment and gender equality.
AjitDoval Stays as NSA, Gets Cabinet Rank with 5-year Term
- AjitDoval has been granted cabinet status and five more years as the National Security Adviser (NSA). He has been given cabinet rank in recognition of his contribution in the national security domain. AjitDoval has been granted cabinet status and five more years as the National Security Adviser (NSA).
CAG Rajiv Mehrishi chosen External Auditor for WHO
- The election was held in the 72nd WHO Assembly in Genevawhere the CAG Rajiv Mehrishi was elected with a majority (90 out of 162 votes) in the first round of voting itself
- Mehrishiwill take over from the incumbent External Auditor of WHO, the Supreme Audit Institution of Philippines
- Headquarter of WHO: Geneva, Switzerland.
- TedrosAdhanom Ghebreyesus is Director-General of the WHO.
Rakesh Makhija as chairman of Axis Bank
- Axis Bank stated that the Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Rakesh Makhija as chairman of the bank.
- Makhija will be independent director as the non-executive (part-time) chairman of the bank, for a period of 3 years, with effect from July 18, 2019, up to July 17, 2022.
Nripendra Mishra Retained As Principal Secretary To PM Modi
- NripendraMisra and PK Mishra re-appointed as Principal Secretary and Additional Principal Secretary, respectively, to Prime Minister Narendra Modi with Cabinet minister rank.
RBI Deputy Governor Viral Acharya resigns
- Reserve Bank of India’s(RBI) Deputy Governor Viral Acharya has quit six months before the scheduled end of his term. He had joined RBI on January 23, 2017.