India & World
Defence & Security
Indian Navy inducts indigenously developed anti-torpedo decoy system Maareech
- The Indian Navy said it has inducted an advanced anti-torpedo decoy system called ‘Maareech’ that is capable of being fired from all frontline ships.
- ‘Maareech’ has been designed and developed indigenously by the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and it is capable of detecting, locating and neutralizing incoming torpedoes.
- Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)Headquarter: New Delhi.
- Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy.
- Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral Karambir Singh.
DRDO develops Ultra Swachh for disinfection of PPEs and other materials
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a disinfection unit named Ultra Swachh to disinfect a wide range of materials, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs), electronics items, fabrics, etc.
- Chairman of Defence Research and Development Organisation: G Satheesh Reddy.
- Headquarters of Defence Research and Development Organisation: New Delhi.
Indian Armed Forces to participate in Victory Day Parade in Moscow
A Tri-Service contingent of the comprising 75 all ranks, led by a colonel rank officer will participate in the Military Parade at Red Square, Moscow on 24 June 2020, to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of Victory of the Soviet People in the great Patriotic War of 1941-1945.
President of Russia: Vladimir Putin; Capital: Moscow.
IAF inducts indigenously developed pod ARPIT to evacuate critical patients from remote areas
- This indigenously designed system has been developed at a cost of Rs 60,000, which is very less when compared to imported systems which cost up to Rs 60 lakh a piece, the IAF stated.
- The Indian Air Force inducted an indigenously designed and manufactured pod called ARPIT, which will be used for evacuation of critical patients suffering from infectious diseases like COVID-19 from isolated and remote areas.
- Air Chief Marshal: Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria.
- Indian Airforce founded: 8 October 1932.
- Indian Airforce Headquarters: New Delhi.