Polity & Governance
Appointments & Resignations
Gelfand Challenge: Gritty Gukesh pulls off sensational title-win
- World’s second youngest Grandmaster D. Gukesh sensationally won the $15,000 Gelfand Challenge chess title and with it, a ‘wild card’ for the elite Meltwaters Champions Chess Tour.
Novak Djokovic wins French Open Tennis Title 2021
- Novak Djokovic became the first man in the Open Era to win all 4 Grand Slam titles at least twice after he won his 2nd Roland Garros title.
- The World No. 1 rallied back from two sets down to beat a spirited Stefanos Tsitsipas in the men’s singles final.
- Men’s Singles: Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
- Women’s Singles: Barbora Krejčíková (Czech Republic)
- Men’s Doubles: Pierre-Hugues Herbert (France) and Nicolas Mahut (France)
- Women’s Doubles: Barbora Krejčíková (Czech Republic) and Kateřina Siniaková (Czech Republic)
- Mixed Doubles- Desirae Krawczyk (United States) and Joe Salisbury (United Kingdom).
ICC Expands Men’s ODI World Cup To 14 Teams From 2027, T20 World Cup To 20 Teams From 2024
- The men’s ODI World Cup will once again become a 14-team tournament in 2027 and 2031, the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- The changes were announced as the ICC, cricket’s global governing body, unveiled its global schedule of events from 2024-2031.
- Chairman of ICC: Greg Barclay.
- CEO of ICC: Manu Sawhney.
- Headquarters of ICC: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.