Polity & Governance
Appointments & Resignations
SBI PO 2020 Topper Interview – Cleared by Deepankar Jangid in 1st attempt
- Interviewer-Congratulations on passing this exam; could you please tell us what motivated you to pursue a career in banking?
Deepankar-I attempted the GATE exam twice and failed both times, so I switched to the banking industry for a quick job role and a prominent career.
- Interviewer-Tell us about your experience after appearing for the GATE exam and entering into the banking industry.
Deepankar-I was good in reasoning, maths, and English as these subjects carry weightage in the GATE exam too, so I had to put my efforts into the current affairs section.
- Interviewer–What was your strategy for the Prelims exam?
Deepankar-My technique was simple: I began giving mock exams on the first day of my banking preparation. Always see the percentile in mocks.
- Interviewer–What was your strategy for the Mains exam?
Deepankar-For both the mains and the interview, general awareness is a deciding criterion. Gk should be strong.
Quant and reasoning get a little difficult in mains examination.
As a result, general awareness is the sole section that gives you an advantage in the exam.
- Interviewer-Tell us your journey in detail with Study IQ.
Deepankar-I began my journey in October 2019, when I applied for IBPS PO for the first time and was unsuccessful in the interview.
I stumbled across Gaurav Sir’s course in July 2020 and purchased it.
I used to write down whatever further information sir provided in the video.
In my SBI PO exam, questions were directly based on their explanations.
I strictly adhered to the 300 best current affairs and banking awareness provided in Gaurav Sir’s course.
- Interviewer–What was your strategy for Mocks?
Deepankar-As soon as the SBI PO prelims notification was released, I began giving mocks.
Mocks are quite important.
Daily, complete 1-2 mocks and don’t forget to analyse them.
You will learn about your strengths and flaws while giving mocks.
You’ll gain insight into how to answer more questions in less time.
- Interviewer-What all sources did you follow for each section?
Deepankar– For math, I followed RS Agarwal, for English, I followed Neetu Singh, for reasoning, I followed several section-by-section pdfs from the internet, and for current events, I followed the Gaurav sir course.
- Interviewer–What was your strategy for the Interview exam?
Deepankar-I have previous interview experience with IBPS PO. I made sure I didn’t make the same mistakes I did at the IBPS interview.
This time, I was more concerned with current affairs.
Simple HR questions were asked this time during my interview.
- Interviewer–What message would you like to give to fellow aspirants?
Deepankar-I’d want to stress that you shouldn’t be worried.
Give as many mocks as you can.
Don’t get caught up in one-line daily current affairs, because SBI has started asking questions that demand a thorough comprehension of the subject, which is why I recommended Gaurav Sir’s videos for in-depth information.