India & World
NIGHA” app launched by Andhra govt to ensure ‘clean and healthy’ elections
- Andhra local body elections: Officials launch ‘Nigha‘ app to curb bribery during polls
- Authorities said that citizens could take photos and videos of distribution of money and alcohol to register a complaint on the app.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy , launched ‘NIGHA’, a mobile application to ensure ‘clean and healthy’ polls by curbing the use of money and alcohol in the upcoming local body elections in the state.
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
- Governor of Andhra Pradesh: Biswa Bhusan Harichandan.
- Capital of Andhra Pradesh: Amaravati.
- Kurnool Ultra Mega Solar Park is a solar park in Panyam Mandal of Kurnool district, Andhra Pradesh.
Google India starts skill development programme called ‘DigiPivot’
- DigiPivot – an initiative by Google in association with Avtar and Indian School of Business is a platform to build a digital marketing skill set for women professionals in India.
- The objective of this program is to provide opportunities for women professionals to pivot their career in the digital marketing landscape and open a world of new career opportunities to grow and learn.
Google CEO: Sundar Pichai; Headquarters: California, United States.
GOKADDAL – World’s first Digital Solutions Exchange Cloud launched in India
- GOKADDAL, world’s first Digital Solutions Exchange in the cloud has been launched in India.
- gokaddal.com is a one of its kind solutions aggregator, marketplace and cloud delivery platform with focus on four A’s: Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Analytics and Augmentative Technologies.
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates ‘Pension Adalat’ in Jammu
- The Union Minister of State PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Dr Jitendra Singh today inaugurated the ‘Pension Adalat’ and National Pension System (NPS) Awareness and Grievance Redressal Programme in Jammu.
- The Minister further said that the Pension Adalats will help in on-the-spot redressal of pensioners’ grievances which has given the right of ‘Ease of Living’ to the pensioners. The Minister also launched ‘Do You Know’ Twitter Series on Family Pension, along with a booklet highlighting case studies with the interpretation of Pension Rules.
Lt. Governors & Administrators Jammu and Kashmir: Girish Chandra Murmu.
Ranjan Gogoi takes oath as Member of Rajya Sabha
- Former Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi took oath as a nominated member of the Rajya Sabha amid unprecedented scenes of slogan shouting and walkout by several opposition parties, including Congress.
- Chairman of Rajya Sabha: Venkaiah Naidu.
Uttarakhand abolishes quota in promotion for govt employees
- Uttarakhand government on abolished reservation in promotion in the state government jobs. The Trivendra Rawat-government took the major decision on completion of three years of its tenure.
- The state government also issued orders regarding the departmental promotion committee (DPC).
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat.
- Governor of Uttarakhand: Baby Rani Maurya.
- Jim Corbett National Park is the oldest national park in India and was established in 1936 as Hailey National Park to protect the endangered Bengal tiger. It is located in Nainital district of Uttarakhand.