India & World
Puma signs Kareena Kapoor Khan as new brand ambassador
- German sportswear brand Puma said it has signed Bollywood actor Kareena Kapoor Khan as its new brand ambassador.
Denys Shmygal becomes Ukraine’s new prime minister
- Denys Shmygal becomes Ukraine’s new prime minister
- The Ukrainian parliament has voted in Denys Shmygal, 44, as Ukraine’s new prime minister.
- President of Ukraine: Volodymyr Zelensky.
- Capital of Ukraine: Kyiv.
- Currency of Ukraine: Ukrainian hryvnia.
Debasish Panda Nominated As Director On RBI Central Board
- The Central Government has nominated Debasish Panda, Secretary, Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, as a Director on the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India vice Rajiv Kumar.
RBI 25th Governor: Shaktikant Das; Headquarters: Mumbai; Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
Prashant Kumar to be CEO & MD of Yes Bank
- Yes Bank announced re-constitution of its board of directors, as part of which Prashant Kumar, former CFO and Deputy MD of SBI, will be the new CEO & MD of the crisis-ridden lender.
- Sunil Mehta, former non-executive chairman of Punjab National Bank, will be non-executive chairman
- HDFC will pick up 7.97% stake in Yes Bank for a ₹1,000 crore capital infusion.
- Headquarters of Yes Bank: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Yes Bank established: 2004.
Ashraf Ghani sworn in as Afghanistan President for second term
- Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani was sworn in for a second term today as his rival Abdullah Abdullah held a parallel inauguration that could plunge the country deeper into crisis ahead of peace talks with the Taliban.
- Ghani was declared as the winner of the election held last September, but Abdullah Abdullah, who disputed the vote, held a parallel ceremony surrounded by hundreds of supporters.
- Afghan afghani is the currency of Afghanistan.
- Kabul is the capital of Afghanistan.
Ravinder singh Dhillon becomes new CMD of PFC
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Ravinder Singh Dhillon as CMD of Power Finance Corporation (PFC)
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Ravinder Singh Dhillon as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Power Finance Corporation (PFC) Limited, a Navratna PSU under the Ministry of Power.
Headquarters of Power Finance Corporation: New Delhi.
Bimal Julka becomes new Chief Information Commissioner of India
- Central Information Commission includes 1 Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) and not more than 10 Information Commissioners (IC) who are appointed by the President of India on the recommendations of a Committee.
- The first Chief Information Commissioner of India was Wajahat Habibullah.
- First woman Chief Information Commissioner was Deepak Sandhu.
- After the retirement of the ninth Chief Information Commissioner of India, Sudhir Bhargava on January 11, 2020, Bimal Julka had been appointed as the tenth CIC of India
Headquarters of Central Information Commission: New Delhi.
IDFC First Bank has announced Amitabh Bachchan as its first ever brand ambassador.
- Bachchan’s personality resonates IDFC First’s brand persona and values pillars, that of sincerity, humility and contemporariness.
- MD and CEO of IDFC FIRST Bank: V Vaidyanathan; Headquarters: Mumbai.
- IDFC FIRST Bank was founded in 2015.
Shri A. Ajay Kumar appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Uganda
- Shri A. Ajay Kumar (IFS:2001), presently Joint Secretary in the Ministry, has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Uganda.
- Union Minister of External Affairs: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar.
- President of Uganda: Yoweri Museveni.
- Capital of Uganda: Kampala.
- Currency of Uganda: Ugandan shilling.
Bill Gates resigns from Microsoft’s board
- Microsoft’s founder Bill Gates has been slowly inching away from his company. Now Gates has stepped down from the board seat he held for 34 years.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Microsoft: Satya Nadella.
- Microsoft Founded: April 4, 1975; Headquarters of Microsoft: Washington, United States(US).
Karan Bajwa becomes new MD of Google Cloud India
- Google Cloud appoints Karan Bajwa as India MD Karan Bajwa will be responsible for driving all revenue and go-to-market operations for Google Cloud’s portfolio that includes Google Cloud Platform and G Suite.
Bajaj Auto Re-Appoints Rajiv Bajaj As MD & CEO
- The Bajaj board approved the re-appointment of Rajiv Bajaj as the company’s MD and CEO for a five-year term with effect from April 1, 2020.
- Chairman of Bajaj Auto: Rahul Bajaj.
Pekka Lundmark appointed President and CEO of Nokia;
- Rajeev Suri to step down after more than a decade as President and CEO of Nokia and Nokia Siemens Networks.
- Pekka Lundmark appointed President and CEO of Nokia.
Janez Jansa becomes new Prime Minister of Slovenia
- Slovenia’s President named former prime minister Janez Jansa, the head of the largest party in parliament, as a candidate for prime minister and asked parliament to confirm him.
- Parliament is expected to confirm Slovenian Democratic Party (SDS) head Jansa in a secret vote next week. He will replace center-left Prime Minister Marjan Sarec, who resigned last month.
- President of Slovenian: Borut Pahor.
- Capital of Slovenian: Ljubljana.
- Currency of Slovenian: Euro.