India & World
IAAF suspends Indian shot putter Navin Chikara for four years for flunking dope test
- Indian shot putter Navin Chikara suspended for four years by global athletics body’s (IAAF) Athletics Integrity Unit for failing an out-of-competition dope test in 2018.
- Chikara, 23, has been banned for use of a prohibited substance and his four-year suspension starts from July 27, 2018.
Saurashtra lift their 1st-ever Ranji Trophy title
- Saurashtra vs Bengal Ranji Final Day 5 Report: Jaydev Unadkat has led Saurashtra to their 1st-ever Ranji Trophy victory even though the final against Bengal ended in a draw in Rajkot.
- The Ranji Trophy final ended in a draw on in Rajkot
- Saurashtra, by gaining a 1st-innings lead, were declared the Ranji Trophy champions
Achanta Sharath Kamal clinches men’s singles title of Oman Open
- Ace Indian paddler Achanta Sharath Kamal wins the ITTF Challenger Plus Oman Open. The 37-year-old Indian veteran beat top-seeded Marcos Freitas of Portugal 4-2 in the final played in Muscat .
Oman Capital: Muscat; Currency: Omani rial.
Rafael Nadal Wins Third Mexican Open Title in Acapulco After Beating Taylor Fritz
- World No. 2 Rafael Nadal captured his first title of 2020, easily defeating unseeded Taylor Fritz in straight sets, 6-3, 6-2, in the final of the ATP Mexico Open.
Kieron Pollard becomes first cricketer to play 500 T20s
- The first T20 International between Sri Lanka and West Indies is Kieron Pollard’s 500th match in the format.
- West Indies skipper Kieron Pollard became the first player in the history of T20 cricket to feature in 500 matches when he took the field against Sri Lanka for the first T20I here.
- Pollard was congratulated by his team-mates on his landmark day before the start of the T20I and was also presented with a special jersey to mark the occasion
Two Indian women named in International Panel of ICC Development Umpires
- Janani Narayanan and Vrinda Rathi’s inclusion meant the number of women match officials in ICC’s panel went up to 12.The ICC women’s T20 WC final between India and Australia was watched by a record crowd of 86,174 at the MCG.
Chairman of ICC: Shashank Manohar; Chief Executive: Manu Sahney; Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
ATK best Chennaiyin in Hero ISL 2019-20 final to clinch record third title
- ATK FC became the first team in Hero Indian Super League (Hero ISL) history to win the title thrice after overcoming Chennaiyin FC 3-1 in the Hero ISL 2019-20 final played at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Goa.
- It was the Marina Machans who saw more of the ball throughout the tie, but ATK were more clinical in front of goal and a sensational display by goalkeeper Arindam Bhattacharja saw them through.