India & World
SBI PO exam preparation strategy by Shubham Chand, SBI PO 2018 exam topper, Mistake to avoid & tips.
Education: I did my Btech from Madan Mohan Malaviya University Of Technology Gorakhpur ( Government engineering college of Uttar Pradesh )
I choose the banking sector because we get security , stability and respect in society.
How did I start my preparation?
- I completed my BTech in 2017 and talked to my seniors already in the banking sector about the pros and cons of the banking sector.
- After my college got over I started preparing for banking exams from july 2017.
- Dedicated full fledged study of 4 months is required to crack this exam.
- I am a morning person and I think one remembers things in the morning. I used to do English /gk /vocab in the morning time.
- One can also utilize its free time by watching english TV shows.By doing this one can improve his/her language.
- In the afternoon do your reasoning .
- In Evening do your quant section.
Below three processes can be easily completed in 4 months
- Pre –
- 100 questions
- Sectional time is there.
- Work on your speed.
- Your concepts should be strong.
- Mains –
- Short tricks fail in the Mains exam.
- Data interpretation is asked while mixing it with arithmetic.
- Short tricks cant be applied to it.
- Basic concepts should be strong
- You have to be very strong in arithmetic.
I prepared for the interview from the Economics times app. It was very helpful as financial news is very important. Opinion from different newspapers is also important.
- Give short quizzes on a regular basis.
- Don’t be afraid of puzzles in reasoning.
- One puzzle can fetch you 5 marks straight.
- Keep 5-6 minutes for rest of things in reasoning.
- If you want to improve your English you should have a reading practice.
- Read The hindu, Financial knowledge and your vocab will become strong
- In 2-3 weeks you will see a change in your english reading.
- Understand rules in grammar but don’t cram them.
- Practise error detection questions.
- You will see your speed increasing.
- English is tougher in the Mains exam.
- Increase your Attempts in english and your score will also increase don’t be scared of attempting questions.
- Take Calculated risk and try to eliminate options.
- Don’t take english as a subject, take it as a language.
- Increase your reading speed in English.
- General awareness is a deciding factor for both mains and interview.
- Best sources for current affairs are video series by gaurav garg sir, 200 best monthly current affairs by sir.
- Banking awareness on study iq channel
- Keep revising the above things on a daily basis.
- Gk should be strong.
At last I would like to thank the Study iq team.
Study iq have given me a lot.
Practise Tarun jha sir’s Reasoning and Data Interpretation set, you will get a good grip on these questions.