Defence & Security
Honours & Awards
Days & Dates
Reports & Indices
PM Kisan scheme
- Modi government’s PM-Kisan scheme, since April 1, has benefited a little over 2.25 crore farmers, including 1.08 crore in Uttar Pradesh alone.
- The farmers have received the second instalment of Rs 2,000 each under the PM-Kisan scheme. However, another 86 lakh farmers, who received only the first instalment of Rs 2,000, are still waiting for the second instalment of Rs 2,000.
- Agriculture ministry has firmed up a plan to extend benefits of the PM Kisan scheme to cover an additional two crore farmers.
- The value of transactions on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) platform recorded this January – Rs 1.09 lakh crore– overtook those made by debit and credit cards at Rs 1.05 lakh crore.
- UPI transactions are on the rise, consumers are increasingly using net banking to make transactions of a large value, and therefore, the average transaction value (ATV) for UPI transfers was small.
- UPI usage shot up over the period between March 2018 and March 2019, with monthly transaction volumes growing 5 times to 799.54 million over the year.
- Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is an instant real-time payment system developed by National Payments Corporation of India facilitating inter-bank transactions. The interface is regulated by the Reserve Bank of India.
- Introduced in- 11 April 2016