India & World
Centre raises MSP for Minor Forest Produce between 16 to 66 percent
- In a crucial announcement affecting the livelihoods of tribal gatherers, the government revised the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Minor Forest Produce (MFP) of 49 items.
- The order issued by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs in New Delhi today states that the MSP for MFPs is revised once in every 3 years by the Pricing Cell constituted under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India.
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs: Arjun Munda.
- Minister of State for Tribal Affairs: Renuka Singh Saruta.
KISAN SABHA APP
- Kisan Sabha App to Connect Farmers to Supply Chain and Freight Transportation Management System Launched by CSIR
- Kisan Sabha App developed by CSIR-Central Road Research Institute (CSIR-CRRI), New Delhi to connect farmers to the supply chain and freight transportation management system was remotely launched today, by DG, ICAR and Secretary DARE, Dr. TrilochanMohapatra. Dr Mohapatra complimented CSIR on developing this portal as a one stop solution for farmers, transporters and other entities engaged in the agriculture Industry and offered that ICAR can work together with CSIR and use the Krishi Vigyan Kendra’s (KVK) networks for implementation.
- Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare: Narendra Singh Tomar.
- Minister of State for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare: Parshottam Rupala.