India & World
Centre launches scheme for 100% solarization of Konark Sun Temple & Konark town in Odisha
- Union Government has launched scheme for 100 per cent solarization of Konark Sun Temple and Konark town in Odisha.
- Power Minister R K Singh said, the scheme is launched with an objective to take forward the Prime Minister’s vision to develop the historical Sun Temple town of Konark as Surya Nagri.
- The scheme envisages setting up of 10 Mega Waat grid connected solar project and various solar off-grid applications like solar trees and solar drinking water kiosks.
- Minister of State- Raj Kumar Singh (Minister of State – Skill Development and Entrepreneurship)
- Secretary- Indu Shekhar Chaturvedi
- Headquarters- New Delhi
ONGC, NTPC sign MOU to set up joint venture for renewable energy business
- India’s top oil and gas producer ONGC and country’s biggest electricity generator NTPC have signed a preliminary agreement to set up a joint venture company for renewable energy projects.
- As per the MoU, NTPC and ONGC will explore and set up renewable power assets including offshore wind, in India and overseas, and explore opportunities in the fields of sustainability, storage, e-mobility and ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) compliant projects.
- Chairman & Managing Director of NTPC Limited: Gurdeep Singh.
- Chairman & Managing Director of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited: Shashi Shanker.
Defence Ministry signs MoU with eGov Foundation for online management of cantonment boards
- In an e-governance push the Directorate General Defence Estates (DGDE) under the Ministry of Defence has inked a pact with eGov Foundation to drive government e-initiatives while bringing better citizen centric services across all 62 cantonment boards in the country.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in this regard was signed between DGDE and eGov Foundation earlier this month. The MoU was signed between eGov Foundation and DGDE via video conference.
- Chief Executive Officer of eGov Foundation: Viraj Tyagi.
- Director General Defence Estates: Smt Deepa Bajwa.
TRIFED, AOL ink MoU to promote tribal enterprises
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India, TRIFED under Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Art Of Living, AOL Foundation have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to collaborate in programmes of each organisation for promoting Tribal Enterprises.
- The Art of Living Foundation has agreed to provide Free Ration Kits to Needy Tribes India Artisans.
- Minister of Tribal Affairs: Arjun Munda.
- Minister of State in the Ministry of Tribal Affairs: Renuka Singh Saruta.
- Founder of Art of Living: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
- Art of Living Founded: 1981.
- Art of Living Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Ministry of MSME Launches CHAMPIONS Portal
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has launched CHAMPIONS – Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength portal. It is a Technology driven Control Room-Cum-Management Information System. The system utilising modern ICT tools is aimed at assisting Indian MSMEs march into big league as National and Global CHAMPIONS.
- Union Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises: Nitin Jairam Gadkari.
- Ministers of State (I/C) of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises: Pratap Chandra Sarangi.
‘FIR Aapke Dwar’: In a first, MP govt launches FIR at doorstep scheme on pilot basis
- Madhya Pradesh launched “FIR Aapke Dwar”, an initiative that will see police officials going to homes of victims to register a First Information Report (FIR) than the other way round.
- Trained head constables in a First Response Vehicle (FRV), a GPS fitted fleet that attends to emergency calls (dial 100), will file the FIR on the spot for non-serious offence. For serious cases, they will consult seniors before taking a call.
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh: Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- Governor of Madhya Pradesh: Lal Ji Tandon.
- Bandhavgarh National Park is in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. This biodiverse park is known for its large population of royal Bengal tigers, especially in the central Tala zone.
‘GOAL’ programme launched for Digital Skilling of Tribal Youth
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs launches ‘Goal’ programme of M/o Tribal Affairs for Digital Skilling of Tribal Youth across India in partnership with Facebook
- The GOAL programme is designed to provide mentorship to tribal youth through digital mode. The digitally enabled program envisages to act as a catalyst to explore hidden talents of the tribal youth, which will help in their personal development as well as contribute to all-round upliftment of their society
- Chief Executive Officer of Facebook: Mark Zuckerberg.
- Facebook Headquarters: California, US.