India & World
SBI PO exam preparation strategy by Somesh Verma, SBI PO 2019 exam topper, Mistake to avoid, Books
- Interviewer: Tell us something about yourself?
Somesh: I have done my mechanical engineering from lucknow in 2019.
- Interviewer: Why did you choose the banking sector and not any other government sector?
Somesh: SSC is a time taking process.I wanted a job quickly. Ibps follows a transparent procedure. One can easily get a job in 4- 6 months by clearing banking exam and there is stability also. You also get a foreign exposure. Government sector provides us a good salary package and job security. Government sector job was my dream, that’s why I decided to prepare for it.
- Interviewer: What was your strategy for the exam?
- English- Practice Reading Comprehension and follow Newspapers like The Hindu on a daily basis
- Math – Practice a lot. Solve as many questions as possible. At first clear your basic concepts and after that go for higher level questions. I went for mock tests and analyzed the questions. I tried to improve my speed through all this.
- Reasoning – Give short quizzes on a regular basis. Don’t be afraid of puzzles in reasoning. One puzzle can fetch you 5 marks straight. Keep 5-6 minutes for rest of things in reasoning.
- General awareness-General awareness is a deciding factor for both mains and interview. Gk should be strong. Follow current affairs from 5 to 6 months before the exam.
Mocks –For math give mocks twice a day. Mocks are very important.
Go with 1-2 mocks daily, and do not forget to analyze them.
- Interviewer: Tell us something about your descriptive paper.
Somesh: The Descriptive Test is of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). Prepare 7 to 8 current topics and keep revising them again and again.
- Interviewer: How was your interview?
Somesh: The panel basically checks your confidence. The interview round was 15-20 minutes long, where a panel of bank officials ask questions about themselves, banking sector, current affairs, general awareness, etc.
The panel looks into your awareness. Be very well prepared in the Current Affairs section, Banking News, about your Hometown and home state.
- Interviewer: What message would you like to give to fellow aspirants.
Somesh: I want to thank my family.Second thanks to God.
Lastly, I want to thank the Study IQ team for giving me a platform to express my views and thoughts.