Polity & Governance
Days & Dates
Sanjeev Nandan Sahai appointed as Secretary, Ministry of Power
- Sanjeev Nandan Sahaihas assumed charge as Secretary of the Power Ministry.
- Sahai is a UT cadre IAS officer of 1986 batch. He has also served as Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Power from May, 2018 to July, 2019.
- Sahai has succeeded Subhash Chandra Garg.
Dhanlaxmi Bank MD, CEO T. Latha resigns
- Latha, MD and CEO at Dhanlaxmi Bank, has resigned.The bank’s board has accepted the resignation.
- Ms Latha was appointed as MD and CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank for three years due to the retirement of G Sreeram.
Chairman of Dhanlaxmi Bank- Sanjeev Krishnan
Headquarters – Thrissur, Kerala.
IndusInd Bank appointed SumantKathpalia as new MD & CEO
- A private sector lender, IndusInd Bank has appointed its consumer banking head Suman Kathpalia, as its new Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Current MD & CEO Romesh Sobti’s term ends on March 23, 2020.
Headquarters of IndusInd Bank – Mumbai
Founded – 1994
Sanjay Gupta appoints country manager at Google India
- Google India has appointed Sanjay Gupta, former Star and Disney head as its new country manager.
- Gupta will also serve as Vice President of Sales and Operations for India. Gupta will be taking over his role at Google early next year.
- Gupta will be replacing RajanAnandan, the VP for Google South East Asia and India.
Anjani Kumar appointed as next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Mali
- Shri Anjani Kumar (IFS:2003) has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Mali.
- The appointment was announced by the Ministry of external affairs (MEA). Anjani Kumar is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer of batch 2003. He will be replacing Pradeep Kumar Gupta.
President – Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Prime Minister – Boubou Cisse
Capital – Bamako
Currency – West African CFA franc
Justice Sanjay Karol sworn in as Chief Justice of Patna High Court
- Justice Sanjay Karolwas sworn in as the Chief Justice of Patna High Court.
- Bihar Governor Phagu Chauhan administered the oath of office to Justice Karol at the Raj Bhavan.
- He was earlier posted as Chief Justice of Tripura before this appointment.
Justice AP Sahi sworn-in as Chief Justice of Madras High Court
- Justice Amreshwar Pratap Sahi was sworn in as the chief justice of the Madras High Court.
- Sahi was previously the chief justice of the Patna High Court.
- Sahi succeeds VK Tahilramani.
Prakash Javadekar takes charge as Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
- Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting & Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Prakash Javadekar, takes charge as in the Ministryof Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
Justice Muhammad Raffiq takes oath as Chief Justice of Meghalaya HC
- Justice Muhammad Raffiq today took oath as Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court.
- Raffiq succeeds Ajay Kumar Mittal who is now the Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court.
Meghalaya Capital – Shillong
Chief Minister – Conrad Sangma
Governor – Tathagata Roy.
Gotabaya Rajapaksa wins Sri Lanka Presidential election
- Gotabaya Rajapaksa has won the Sri Lankan presidential election, received around 6.9 million votes.
- Rajapaksa defeated Sajith Premadasa.
Capital – Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
Prime minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe.
Justice SA Bobde takes oath as 47th Chief Justice of India
- Supreme Court Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde was sworn as the 47th Chief Justice of India by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Chief Justice SA Bobde, 63, succeeds Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi.
Uddhav Thackeray takes oath as Maharashtra CM
- Uddhav Thackeray took oath as the 19th chief minister of Maharashtra. Uddhav is the first member of the powerful Thackeray family to be the chief minister of Maharashtra.
- He was named as the leader of the Shiv Sena-NCP-Congress alliance called the ‘Maha Vikas Aghadi’.