Polity & Governance
Defence & Security
CBIC Chairman Ajit Kumar inaugurates GST Bhawan in Panchkula
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs, CBIC Chairman M. Ajit Kumar, along with members of the Board inaugurated the GST Bhawan, Panchkula . The state of the art building will house the offices of Central GST at Panchkula. It has been built at a cost of about 31 crores rupees.
- This is the first major infrastructure project of CBIC completed in these times of COVID. The building is a fully air-conditioned three-storied building built on a plot of about 1.4 acres with 7600 square meters covered area and seating capacity of about 200 persons.
- CBIC Founded: 1 January 1964.
- CBIC Headquarters: New Delhi.
India, Maldives sign four MoUs to boost ties
- New Delhi and Male on signed four agreements, including a $100 million Indian grant for an ambitious connectivity project, during Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla’s visit to the Maldives.
- In addition to two MoUs for “high impact” community development projects, the countries signed an MoU on cooperation in sports and youth affairs and another for the $100 million grant, which is part of India’s “$500 million packages” for the Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP).In October, the two governments inked a deal for a $400 million line of credit from the Exim Bank of India.
- President of the Maldives: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih.
- Capital of Maldives: Male; Currency of the Maldives: Maldivian Rufiyaa.