Polity & Governance
Defence & Security
Azim Premji tops EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2020
- Azim Premji, the 75-year-old former chairman of Wipro has been the most generous philanthropist in India for 2020 with a donation of Rs 7,904 crore, as per EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2020 unveiled
- Hurun India and EdelGive today released the seventh edition of EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2020.
- Azim Premji & family, the Founder-Chairman of Wipro topped the 2020 list, while Shiv Nadar, Founder-Chairman of HCL Technologies, ranked second; followed by richest Indian Mukesh Ambani, Chairman, Reliance Industries at the third spot.
- The fourth spot was earned by Kumar Mangalam Birla, Chairman, Aditya Birla Group followed by Anil Agarwal, Chairman, Vedanta Group at the 5th spot.
India now has two of the top 100 most powerful supercomputers in the world
- PARAM-Siddhi is the second Indian supercomputer to be entered in the top 100 on the Top500 list
- Pratyush, a supercomputer used for weather forecasting at the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, ranked 78th on the November edition of the list
- India’s newest and fastest supercomputer, PARAM-Siddhi AI, has been ranked 63rd in the Top500 list of most powerful supercomputers in the world.
- The supercomputer was established earlier this year, under the National Supercomputer Mission (NSM) and is going to be installed in the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing’s (C-DAC) unit.
India Ranks 77 in Global Bribery Risk Matrix; Fares Better than Pak, China, Nepal
- The list by TRACE, an anti-bribery standard-setting organisation, measures business bribery risk in 194 countries, territories, and autonomous and semi-autonomous regions.
- India is at the 77th position with a score of 45 in a global list that measures business bribery risks of 2020.