India & World
Defence & Security
Days & Dates
- RBI appoints Jai Bhagwan Bhoria as administrator for PMC Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has superseded the Board of Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank Limited, Mumbai and appointed Jai Bhagwan Bhoriaas the bank’s administrator with all powers of the board. Jai Bhagwan Bhoria replaces S.Waryam Singh.
- RBI had recently increased the amount of withdrawal allowed to the depositors of PMC from Rs 1,000 to Rs 10,000and the directives will remain in force for a period of six months.
- KS Dhatwalia appointed as PIB’s Principal DG
- Senior Indian Information Service officer, KS Dhatwalia, has been appointed as the Principal Director General of Press Information Bureau.
- He will succeed Sitanshu Kar and will be the 28th Principal Spokesperson of the government.
- He has worked in key positions in various Media Units of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- SS Mallikarjuna Rao appointed MD and CEO of Punjab National Bank
- SS Mallikarjuna Rao was appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive of the Punjab National Bank (PNB).
- He is currently serving as chief executive of the Allahabad Bank. He will replace Sunil Mehta of PNB.
- Surjit S Bhalla appointed as Executive Director for India at IMF
- The government has appointed economist Surjit Bhalla as the executive director of the International Monetary Fund for a period of three years.
- The post was lying vacant after the death of Subir Gokarnin July.
- Jai Bhagwan Bhoria appointed as new administrator for PMC Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has superseded the Board of Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank Limited, Mumbai and appointed Jai Bhagwan Bhoria as the bank’s administrator with all powers of the board.
- The amount of withdrawal from the bank allowed to depositors has been increased from one thousand to ten thousand rupees.
- The RBI’s directives will remain in force for a period of six months.
- Amrit Lugun appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Greece
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) of India was appointed Amit Lugun as the next Ambassador of India to Greece. He is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer of the 1989 batch. He will replace Shamma Jain.