India & World
Defence & Security
Days & Dates
- Antonio Costa re-elected as the PM of Portugal
- Antonio Costa has been re-elected as the Prime Minister of Portugal after winning the general elections.
- Antonio Costa, the Socialist leader and incumbent prime minister, got the most votes in Portugal’s general election, leaving it poised to continue leading the government for another four years.
- Kais Saied elected as new President of Tunisia
- Kais Saied is elected as the new President of Tunisia after a landslide victory in recently concluded Presidential runoff.
- He won Tunisia’s Presidential election against his rival Nabil Karoui with 71.71% of votes.
Capital of Tunisia- Tunis
Currency of Tunisia- Tunisian Dinar
- United Nation General Assembly Elects 14 Member States to Human Rights Council
- The United National General Assembly has elected 14 new member states to the 47-member state to Human Rights Council for the 2020-2022
- The Assembly elected Armenia, Brazil, Germany, Indonesia, Japan, Libya, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Namibia, Netherlands, Poland, Republic of Korea, Sudan and Venezuela.
President of UNHRC: Coly Seck
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Sri Lanka has removed from FATF’s Grey List
- Sri Lanka has been removed from the “Grey List” of the international terror financing watchdog The Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
- In October 2016 Sri Lanka was declared a cooperating state in 2016 and the FATF put Sri Lanka on a grey list from November 2017.
Current Prime Minister of Sri Lanka- Ranil Wickremesinghe