India & World
Defence & Security
Days & Dates
- Jasprit Bumrah, Smriti Mandhana win Wisden India Almanack Cricketer of the Year award
- Jasprit Bumrah and Smriti Mandhana won the prestigious Wisden India Almanack Cricketer of the Year award.
- Mandhana is the third woman to be named ‘Cricketer of the Year’, after Mithali Raj and Deepti Sharma.
- The other 3 winners are Pakistan’s Fakhar Zaman, Sri Lanka’s Dimuth Karunaratne and Afghanistan’s Rashid Khan.
- The seventh edition of the annual cricket publication for 2019 and 2020 also features Mayank Agarwal for his stellar domestic run leading to a successful Test call-up.
- Lewis Hamilton wins Mexico Grand Prix 2019
- Mercedes’ driver and 5-time world champion Lewis Hamiltonclinched his 10th win of the season for Mercedes at the Mexican Grand Prix 2019.
- Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel, a German racing driver, and Mercedes’ Valtteri Bottas, a Finnish racing driver, finished second and third respectively
- Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton won 2019 Russia F1 Grand Prix
- Formula One (F1) world champion Lewis Hamilton snatched victory in the Russian Grand Prix.at Sochi Autodrom race track in Russia.
- Mercedes Valtteri Bottas(Finland) and Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc (Monaco) won the second and third spot respectively. The victory was the 82nd of Hamilton’s career, and ninth of the season, leaving him nine short of Michael Schumacher’s all-time record of 91.
- Ben Stokes named PCA player of the year
- England all-rounderBen Stokes has been voted Professional Cricketers’ Association player of the year at the Professional Cricketers’ Association awards.
- All-rounder Stokes played a starring role in England’s maiden World Cup win before repeating his heroics to help salvage an Ashes draw with Australia.
- The 50th NatWest PCA Awards were held at the Roundhouse in Camden. The event, organised by the PCA in conjunction with the England and Wales Cricket Board.
- Novak Djokovic wins Japan Open title
- Novak Djokovic defeated Australia’s John Millman in the finals to win the Japan Open title. He defeated Millman with a score of 6-3, 6-2 and secured a 76th career singles tournament win.
- Harmanpreet Kaur becomes first Indian to play 100 T20Is
- Harmanpreet Kaur, Indian women’s cricket captain, became India’s first cricketer to play 100 T20 Internationals. Harmanpreet achieved this feat in the sixth and final T20 International against South Africa at Surat.
- Harmanpreet Kaur is the first Indian to achieve this feat in both the female and male categories.
- Mercedes’s Valtteri Bottas won 2019 Japanese Grand Prix
- Mercedes’ Valtteri Bottas (Finland) won the 2019 Japanese Grand Prix held at the Suzuka International Racing Course in Suzuka in Mie Prefecture, Japan.
- Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel (Germany) and Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton (Britain) were ranked at the 2nd and 3rd places respectively.
- Bengal Warriors wins 7th season of Vivo Pro Kabaddi League 2019
- In the final of 7th season of Vivo Pro Kabaddi League 2019,Bengal Warriors won their first title by defeating Dabang Delhi by 39-34 at the EKA Arena by TransStadia in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Most Valuable Player award of the League was bagged by Naveen Kumarfrom Dabang Delhi, Best raider to Pawan Kumar Sherawat from Bengaluru Bulls; Best defender award to U Mumba’s Fazel Atrachali and New Young Player of the season to UP (Uttar Pradesh) Yoddha’s Sumit.