India & World
Defence & Security
Days & Dates
Hi, I am Gaurav Ranjan. I belong from Jamalpura,Bihar. I am an electronics engineer and a 2016 passout. I graduated from Cochin Institute of Science and Technology, Kerala. After that I was placed in TCS and still working there.
Why do I want to join the government sector?
- I had an inclination towards Government sector since my college days. But, I wanted to explore opportunities of Private Sector that suits me. I worked for 2 yrs in TCS which is great company. But, my passion lies towards working with a government sector.
- Government sector has many benefits. I am fond of interacting with people. Banking provides me that platform. Government sector provides us a good salary package and job security.
How I started my preparation?
I started preparing basics in college. Later, I started utilizing my commuting time. I used to read newspapers or watch online videos from StudyIQ. In the lunch time, I used to analyze mock tests. After returning from job, I used to study for 2 to 3 hrs solving mock tests or working on my weak sections.
Structure of the banking exam and some strategies followed by me
- There are three stages of a banking exam. Stage 1 is prelims and stage 2 is mains followed by an interview for the post of PO.
- For prelims, Go with 1-2 mocks daily, and do not forget to analyze them. This is the most important thing to crack any exam. Solve maximum number of quizzes which will help increase your speed that is necessary to qualify prelims, as accuracy and speed plays an important role in prelims exams.
- For Maths, I went for mock tests and analyzed the questions. I tried to improve my speed through all this.
- For Reasoning, I solved 4-5 puzzles daily of all levels and all topics.
- For English, I used Arihant English Grammar Book and followed Newspapers like The Hindu on daily basis and also follow blogs
- For mains, I took Mock Tests. I focused on Quantitative Aptitutde and Data Interpretation. I took help of YouTube and started revising my concepts. I focused on increasing my speed. I solved high level puzzles to get the feeling of Mains exam level. I focused a lot on descriptive test. It should not be neglected. I used to watch Prashant Dhawan Videos for descriptive test.
- For Current Affairs, I referred Gaurav Sir’s Videos and Unacacdemy videos.
- Coaching classes are not important if our basics are strong
- During Interview, The panel looks into your awareness. Be very well prepared in Current Affairs section, Banking News, about your Hometown and home state.
- Remain focused towards your goal and do not get distracted with other exams. SSC and Banking require different approach so they should not be mixed up.
- At last, I would say, do not lose patience. Prepare very well for GA as it is the game changer in every exam.
- Lastly, I want to thank the Study IQ team for giving me a platform to express my views and thoughts.