India & World
- Union Education Minister launched the ‘KAPILA’ (Kalam Program for Intellectual Property Literacy and Awareness) campaign on the 89th birth anniversary of former President and Scientist Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
- Under this campaign, students pursuing education in higher educational institutions will get information about the correct system of application process for patenting their invention and they will be aware of their rights.
- The Institution Innovation Council (IIC 2.0) annual report was also presented on the occasion and the launch of IIC 3.0 was announced. It has also been decided to celebrate the week of October 15th to 23rd as ‘Intellectual Property Literacy Week’. The IIC 3.0 website was also launched.
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launches Drink from Tap Mission Sujal
- The State Government launched ‘Sujal – Drink from Tap Mission’, to provide quality drinking water, fit for direct consumption from the pipe, to over 15 lakh people in 15 towns.
- Launching the scheme through video-conference, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said that Rs 1300 crore will be spent by the Government to provide the drink directly from tap quality water to all households in urban areas.
- Chief Minister of Odisha: Naveen Patnaik.
- Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar.
- Odisha Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
PM Modi launches physical distribution of property cards under SVAMITVA scheme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the physical distribution of property cards under the ‘SVAMITVA’ (ownership) scheme via video conferencing, and asserted that it is a “historic move” set to transform rural India.
- The move will pave the way for villagers to use property as a financial asset for taking loans and other financial benefits.