India & World
Forbes India Rich List 2020: Mukesh Ambani wealthiest, Serum Institute’s Cyrus Poonawalla among top 10.
- Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries Limited, remains the wealthiest Indian for the 13th consecutive year on Forbes India list, which has recently been released. “In a tumultuous year for the global economy, India’s richest preserved their wealth.
- Mukesh Ambani remains the wealthiest Indian for the 13th year in a row, adding $37.3 billion to his net worth,” Forbes noted. It has also noted the entry of Pune-based Serum Institute of India, which is the world’s largest vaccine producer by the number of doses produced, in top 10.
Global Hunger Index 2020: India ranks 94 out of 107 countries, under ‘serious’ category
- India ranked 94 among 107 countries in the Global Hunger Index 2020 and is in the ‘serious’ hunger category with a score of 27.2, according to report released . India’s rank was 102 out of 117 countries last year.
- In the index, India features behind Nepal (73), Pakistan (88), Bangladesh (75), Indonesia (70) among others. Out of the total 107 countries, only 13 countries fare worse than India including countries like Rwanda (97), Nigeria (98), Afghanistan (99), Liberia (102), Mozambique (103), Chad (107) among others.
India Fourth Most Powerful Country In Asia, China Closing In As Lead: Asia Power Index 2020
- India has become the fourth most powerful country in the Asia-Pacific region, according to the Sydney-based Lowy Institute’s Asia Power Index for 2020, which ranks 26 nations and territories.
- India was on the fourth spot in the index after Japan. However, the economic growth potential India lost during a pandemic gave an advantage to China.