Polity & Governance
Days & Dates
Reports & Indices
SBI MD Anshula Kant’s resignation
- The government has accepted the resignation of State bank of India NSE 2.18 %’s Managing Director Anshula Kant.
- Now she has been appointed as the managing director and chief financial officer of the World Bank.
- SBI Chairperson- Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters- Mumbai.
- Established- 1 July 1955.
CEC Sunil Arora assumes charge as Chairman of A-WEB
- Chief election commissioner Sunil Arora took charge as chairman of Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB). The CEC will serve a two-year term till 2021.
- A-WEB is the first global organization of election management bodies, and the membership currently consists of 97 organizations from 94 countries, established on October 14, 2013 in Song-do, South Korea.
B Bala Bhaskar appointed as next Indian Ambassador to Norway
- Senior diplomat B Bala Bhaskar was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Norway.
- Bhaskar will replace Krishan Kumar, who has been heading the Indian mission in Norway since July 2018.
PK Mishra appointed as the Principal Secretary to PM
- Pramod Kumar Mishra has been appointed as the new Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- He replaced Nripendra Misra, the Prime Minister’s long-serving aide who resigned last month after a five-year stint as the top bureaucrat in the central government.
P K Sinha appointed as the Principal Advisor to PM
- Former Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha has been appointed as the principal advisor to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Wing Commander Anjali Singh becomes India’s first female military diplomat
- Wing Commander Anjali Singh has become India’s first female military diplomat to be posted in any of the Indian missions abroad.
- She has served the Indian Air Force for 17 years and is trained on MiG-29 aircraft.
- She has joined her new assignment as the Deputy Air Attache.
- An air attaché is an Air Force officer who is part of a diplomatic mission; this post is normally filled by a high-ranking officer. An air attaché typically represents the chief of his home air force in the foreign country where he/she serves.
- President of Russia– Vladimir Putin
- Capital– Moscow.
Robert O’Brien becomes National Security Adviser of US
- Robert O’Brien has been appointment as Trump’s fourth national security adviser. Robert O’Brien will replace John Bolton as the NSA of US.
- Robert O’Brien has had a long career in foreign policy working for both main US parties and currently heads hostage negotiations at the State Department.
- Robert O’Brien will replace John Bolton as the NSA of US.
- Capital – Washington, D.C.
- President- Donald Trump
- Currency- United States dollar
IDBI Bank appoints Samuel Joseph as Deputy Managing Director
- Samuel Joseph Jebaraj has taken charge as Deputy Managing Director of IDBI Bank on September 20, 2019.
- At present, he heads the Loan Administration and Human Resources Management Groups of the Exim Bank as Chief General Manager.
- This is the first major appointment on the Bank’s Board, in which LIC acquired a majority stake of 51 per cent in January 2019.
- Chairman of IDBI: M R Kumar.
- Headquarters of IDBI: Mumbai
IMF elects Bulgaria’s Kristalina Georgieva as its new chief
- The International Monetary Fund has confirmed Bulgiarian economist Kristalina Georgieva as its new head.
- Georgieva welcomed the appointment, and flagged up the challenges that would face the organization in the near future.
- Georgieva succeeds France’s Christine Lagarde, who is set to become head of the European Central Bank.
- Formation of IMF- 27 December 1945
- Headquarter- Washington, D.C, U.S
- Membership- 189 countries
Visa appoints PV Sindhu as brand ambassador
- Payment technology company Visa announced that it has signed up world badminton champion Pusarla Venkata Sindhu (PV Sindhu) as its brand ambassador for two years.
- Besides promoting the brand through advertising camp-aigns, Sindhu has also become an athlete member of Team Visa for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
- Visa has been supporting the Olympic Games as a world-wide sponsor since 1986.
EC appoints Madhuri Dixit as goodwill ambassador for Maharashtra Assembly polls
- Actor Madhuri Dixit has been chosen as “goodwill ambassador” by the Chief Electoral Office in Maharashtra to create awareness among people about the importance of voting.
- State Assembly polls are scheduled for October 21 and results will be declared on October 24.
- She will be seen in a video titled ‘Let’s Vote” speaking about the democratic process and role of voters in the development of the country.
Rupa Gurunath appointed as first woman president of Tamil Nadu Cricket Association