Polity & Governance
Days & Dates
Reports & Indices
- India, US to carry out joint Military Exercise “Yudh Abhyas 2019”
- The joint military exercise, Yudh Abhyas 2019, between India and USA begins on September 5, 2019, at the Joint Base Lewis Macard near Washington.
- Yudh Abhyas 2019 is one of the biggest joint military Exercise and Defence Corporation endeavours between India and the
- The exercise is also an ideal platform to learn from each other’s expertise and experiences of planning and execution of operations.
- SLINEX 2019: Indo-Lanka maritime fleet exercise
- ‘SLINEX 2019’, the bilateral maritime exercise between India and Sri Lanka commenced on 7 September 2019 at Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh). Sri Lankan Navy has sent two offshore patrol vessels SLNS Sindurala and SLNS Suranimala to India to participate in seventh annual Joint Indo-Lanka Maritime Fleet Exercise- SLINEX 2019.
- The exercise signifies the desire of both countries to enhance co-operation and to further strengthen mutual trust and interoperability between the two navies.
- INS Khanderi to be commissioned into the Indian Navy
- India’s second Scorpene class attack submarine INS Khanderi will be commissioned into the Navy by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh in Mumbai on September 28.
- The conventional diesel-electric submarine has been manufactured by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd. in Mumbai.
- The first Scorpene-class submarine INS Kalvari had been commissioned into the Indian Navy in December 2017.
- INS Khanderi had been launched in January 2017.
- India-US Tri-Services ”Exercise Tiger Triumph” to be held in November
- India and the United States are set to hold their first tri-services exercise code-named “Tiger Triumph” at Visakhapatnam and Kakinada in November 2019. India earlier conducted such tri-service exercise with Russia.
- The announcement for the ‘Tiger Triumph’ was made by US President Donald Trump during the ‘Howdy Modi!’ event in America.
- “India-US tri-services ”Exercise Tiger Triumph” is being organised under the aegis of the headquarters of the Integrated Defence Staff.
- Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat to be new Chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee
- Army chief Gen Bipin Rawat will take over as the new Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee.
- He succeeded Indian Air Force (IAF) chief, Air Chief Marshal B.S. Dhanoa, who retires from service.
- The event was attended by Navy Chief Admiral Karmabir Singh and CISC to Chairman COSC, Lieutenant General PS Rajeshwar
- The Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee is the seniormost officer in the three defence forces